by garyneal 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Who wrote the Bible?

Blueblades

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome to the forum!

Feel free to ask the JWs to show you the Scriptures where the Bible says these things without "reading between the lines":

• blood transfusions are unacceptable for Christians but certain blood fractions are not.
    • oral sex with one's own spouse is inappropriate for Christians.
    • Jesus Christ began ruling invisibly in 1914.
    • Michael and Jesus are the same person.
    • wedding customs based on pagan origins are acceptable, but birthday parties are not.
    • Jesus inspected Jehovah's Witnesses in 1919 and chose them as the only true religion.
    • when Jesus said, "This generation will by no means pass away" he was referring to the remnant of the 144,000 anointed ones alive on earth today.

Of course they cannot. So ask why you should accept their authority to read between the lines but not someone else's.

This thread has my talking points for JWs.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Revelation clearly says that only 144,000 persons (literally) are going to go to heaven.

(NOT)

This takes a stretch like a bungee cord to make into this doctrine.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You have a PM. Click on the envelope at the upper right corner.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Why do they use these books and mags at their meetings to study from, instead of using just the bible???

Good question. As well, I always wondered why they didn't place Bibles with people when going door to door if they truly wanted people to study the Bible? That part just never made sense to me. I understand why now. I didn't know they were a cult back then. You can't indoctrinate people into a cult using the Bible. You have to use your own material to interpret the Bible for people.

Sooo.... what did all those Christians do, before the WTS came along?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit