TOMBSTONE - Movie Quotes

by AllTimeJeff 20 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I think I missed that last line...

I think Doc actually says, "That's Latin, darlin'. Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him."

Another great Ringo moment. When they're in the theatre watching the play of Faust. Curly Bill and Ringo are sitting side by side doing shots...

Curly Bill: "You know what I'd do? I'd take that deal 'n' crawfish, then drill that ol' Devil in the ass. What about you Juanito, what would you do? "

Ringo: "I already did it."

• tenyearsafter
  • tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

don't know what happened above...anyway,

Wyatt Earp : You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?

Doc Holliday : [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung.

Wyatt Earp : [Tyler reaches for his gun] Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smokewagon and see what happens...
    Johnny Tyler : [pauses, scared] M-mister, I'm gettin' tired of your...
    Wyatt Earp : [slaps Tyler across the face, unafraid] I'm gettin' tired of all your gas, now jerk that pistol and go to work!
    Wyatt Earp : [slaps him harder, now completely steely-eyed] I said throw down, boy!

Mexican Groom : [to the Cowboys, who have just shot him in the knee] You go hell!
    Curly Bill : You first.
    [

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

My favorite scene happens to be the one where Ringo does a series of flashy moves with his gun right in Doc's face... Doc just pulls up the tin cup he was drinking from and starts doing flashy moves with it... pure genius..

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

This is my favorite Western of all time! I'm so glad that someone else recognized the genius that wrote this. It's just FULL of quotable dialog..

CG

• TD
    TD

Definitely one of the more entertaining versions.

I liked how Holiday managed to get off three consecutive shots from a side by side without reloading.

• undercover
    undercover
    Definitely one of the more entertaining versions.
    I liked how Holiday managed to get off three consecutive shots from a side by side without reloading.

pfffft....never let facts get in the way of a good Western.

Kevin Costner's Wyatt Earp came out about the same time. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I remember it being closer to fact then Tombstone.

I've always likened Tombstone as a stylized and entertaining movie with larger than life characters and over the top dialog and action. It was meant to entertain, not educate.

Wyatt Earp seemd more docu-drama than entertaining. Costner seemed to want to present Earp and his cohorts factually and as they really were, warts and all.

I'll say this too (although it's heresy amongst Tombstone fans)...Dennis Quaid's portrayal of Doc Holliday is probably more accurate than Val Kilmer's. Don't get me wrong, Kilmer was great and his version of Holliday was much more entertaining, but probably too stylized and not representative of the real Holliday. Quaid's even looked like the old photos of Holliday.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Kevin Costner's Wyatt Earp came out about the same time.

I've got it. It's too damned long.

BTS

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Curly Bill: [takes a bill with Wyatt's signature from a customer and throws it on the faro table] Wyatt Earp, huh? I heard of you.

Ike Clanton: Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog. Law don't go around here. Savvy?

Wyatt Earp: I'm retired.

Curly Bill: Good. That's real good.

Ike Clanton: Yeah, that's good, Mr. Law Dog, 'cause law don't go around here.

Wyatt Earp: I heard you the first time.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

And possibly my favorite line from the movie:

Wyatt Earp: [to Ike Clanton] You die first, get it? Your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I make your head into a canoe, you understand me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit