TOMBSTONE - Movie Quotes

by AllTimeJeff 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I didn't want to detract from the "favorite movie" thread, so here is a place for any cool Tombstone quotes. Hell, there's a ton of em... I'll start with one.

Ike Clanton: What is that now? Twelve hands in a row? Holliday, son of a bitch, nobody's that lucky.
    Doc Holliday: Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Wyatt Earp: All right, Clanton... you called down the thunder, well now you've got it! You see that?
    [pulls open his coat, revealing a badge]
    Wyatt Earp: It says United States Marshal!
    Ike Clanton: [terrified, pleading] Wyatt, please, I...
    Wyatt Earp: [referring to Stilwell, laying dead] Take a good look at him, Ike... 'cause that's how you're gonna end up!
    [shoves Ike down roughly with his boot]
    Wyatt Earp: The Cowboys are finished, you understand? I see a red sash, I kill the man wearin' it!
    [lets Ike up to run for his life]
    Wyatt Earp: So run, you cur... RUN! Tell all the other curs the law's comin'!
    [shouts]
    Wyatt Earp: You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear?...
    [louder]
    Wyatt Earp: Hell's coming with me!

BEST SCENE EVAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynKoZD-sFi4

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I haven't seen the movie in years, but I do remember "Go ahead and pull it, pull that hog leg". And another; "Skin that smoke wagon". Both talking about pulling out his peacemaker.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I agree the writing was great. Be nice to mention who wrote the screenplay. Kevin Jarre. Google him. He wrote some other good pics.

• jwdecendant
    jwdecendant

....and behold the dark horse, and the one who sat upon him was death, and hell followed with him. (something like that)

I'll be your huckleberry.

If you don't get that cigar outa my face I'll blow you right up'at wildcat's ass

....and then again, you may be the anti-christ.

I can keep going but I'll quit now.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This is a pretty funny coincidence. Today my bf and I went to look for Wyatt Earp's tombstone in Colma, where he is buried in a Jewish cemetary. The cops told us where to look but we couldn't find Wyatt Earp. I think he's resting a block over from where we were looking.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

You guys are totally overlooking the most obviously ironic JW-related quote of the entire movie;

Doc Holliday near the end of the film when he flashes Wyatt's badge at the bad guy says, "My hypocrisy knows no bounds," and then the gunfight commences with Doc obviously winning the draw.

Probably my favorite western of all time. They should have done a prequel as well!!!

- Wing Commander

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Best western I ever saw....just recently got a copy. Kilmers best work as he does the best Doc Holiday I have seen...and their have been many.

• undercover
    undercover

Johnny Ringo: And you must be Doc Holliday.
    Doc: That's the rumor.
    Ringo: You retired too?
    Doc: Not me. I'm in my prime.
    Ringo: Yeah, you look it.
    Doc: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
    Kate: You don't even know him.
    Doc: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
    Wyatt Earp: He's drunk.
    Doc: In vino veritas.
    Ringo: Age quod agis.
    Doc: Credat Judaeus apella, non ego.
    Ringo: Eventus stultorum magister.
    Doc: In pace requiescat.
    Marshall Fred White: Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.
    Doc: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That dialogue between Johnny Ringo and Doc Holliday was pure genius!

One of the best flicks ever made, IMHO.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit