Bad press is putting the Watchtower org. in a defensive mode

by koolaid-man 27 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Im sure Jehovah wouldnt be offended.....I know what your saying though...in some congs they allow a beard,others they dont. My hubby and I came into the truth always knowing that it was Jah we were serving,not man,and yes we have had many things directed at us...but hey aslong as we arent doing anything unscriptual then we know Jehovah is happy :) Im still trying to grow a beard lol.... that would get them talking....

• villabolo
    villabolo

Angeleyes; "even though some of you choose not to associate with jw doesnt mean(not to me anyway) that you dont love Jah..... i would never ever say that."

Angeleyes, what you would never say has been said by your organization. In a recent study watchtower we were demonized to the point that we were accused of having no empathy for people and that we were just like Satan, the first apostate.

Get savvy angeleyes. Do some research about them.

villabolo

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Was it you that they were talking about?? Hear me out....when someone falls away they are classed as weak or bad association,however that doesnt apply with ALL....if the elders dont know your situation,lets say you have fallen away and they dont know your life style then clearly what was said in the wt cant be classed at you.(depending what was said) For instance,if someone attends all the meetings but is secretly having an affair,when the talk on adultary is on they know it applies to them,even though the elders and the rest of us think otherwise. So the same respect is given to you also....Jehovah still cares for you all hence elders are encouraged to visit Df ones yearly.

If i knew someone clearly hated Jehovah then yes id be careful and wouldnt asociate with them,however id always believe that they could change.....i have faith that Jehovah can do ANYTHING.

The GB just want us to be aware and safeguard us...i guess like over protective parents sometimes but they mean no harm.....

• villabolo
    villabolo

Angel eyes, they were talking about anyone who brings up the slightest deviation from their teaching or even goes to the authorities to reveal pedophiles.

In my case I simply and humbly told them that they should not use the phrase "The Truth" with reference to their organization even if every doctrine, teaching or practice were true for the simple reason that Jesus was refered to as "The Truth, The Way and The Life". But as I noticed before the JWs had a dozen phrases and out of context scriptures in which they put themselves in God's/Jesus' place. That is blasphemy on their part.

As far as the organization being "protective" it is keeping their members from even having small discussion groups. That is a common procedure in totalitarian regimes.

villabolo

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Im sure they use the word "Truth" because what we learn is truth. The bible speaks truth :)

Where did they mention about ones who go to the authorites about pedophiles? Im not questioning you but this isnt something I feel is right...Id like to know what they said in the article or whatever it was and read the whole thing. I would definately without a doubt report a pedophile.

You say they say you were just like satan...what wt was this???

• Heaven
    Heaven

they should not use the phrase "The Truth"

Right on! Just check how many times they were untruthful about the coming of Armageddon. How can you say you are 'The Truth' when you can't even get this right from Jehovah? Spirit directed? Yeah... 40oz of spirit!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

unfortunately AE's the Bible does not speak truth all the time , there are many scriptures that contradict themselves, as regards a Global Flood that the Bible speaks of , it is a simple scientific impossibility, and as regards Satan the Devil, I'm still waiting to see the personage of this being, but you will soon learn AE's.

• villabolo
    villabolo

angel eyes: "You say they say you were just like satan...what wt was this???" (April 15th witness only watchtower)

As for the other citations I'll need more time since I have computer difficulties but perhaps you can address that question to the group in general and they may provide you with a link to a thread on that subject.

villabolo

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ae's your best bet is to log on to Silent Lambs, save it and read up on the whole subject and keep up to date with all the covering up and lies that the WTS continues to do till this day,, also PM Barbara Anderson she can help you with this whole area

• villabolo
    villabolo

angel eyes: "Im sure they use the word "Truth" because what we learn is truth. The bible speaks truth :)"

angel eyes, in Christianity it is a person who is "The Truth" not a body of teaching.

villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit