scriptual basis for "paradise" very thin?

by highdose 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Highdose,

Weak? Perhaps that is because the thinking of many is word dependent and other words used to describe our future hope in Christ like Kingdom of Israel or Throne of David or Holy City coming down from heaven and New Jerusalem do not register with them as being in the same place. That all such things will take place right here on earth including the resurrection of the dead is missed by most churches. There is not a single scripture in the Bible that says that we will go to heaven the way Jesus did. None. What is actually taught is that Jesus will return here to this earth as a human being once again. Yes a Man identified as the last Adam. 1Co 15:45 Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. But since words like spiritual are used in such verses people are taught to think non-human instead of God given provision of God and/or an immortal human as well. And such use or words like spirit with human believers is ignored. Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, Now the word heaven is used in many verses as well since it was used in place of the word God or God approved but never in a way that states that we will go someplace else in order to be a part of it. A heavenly Kingdom is a God approved Kingdom with a human on its throne. You see I believe in Jesus who said to the thief executed alongside him, Lu 23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." And promises God made like this: Lu 1:32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, But I prefer to be part of the Kingdom in this Paradise as a follower of Christ and not simply as part of the general population that the word paradise describes the thief will enjoin.

Joseph

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I noticed that the bible never says "paradise earth"

Blondie,

Of course not. It is not as if they were scientists or astronomers of had a concept of the solar system and universe the way modern man now does. They lived on the land and this word served this same purpose for them. They did not have to keep saying it to know where they were going to be. 24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? 27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world. On what basis then would anyone say that Lazarus or anyone else especially those that would never die be resurrected on the last day and go to a world someplace else just because they did not say earth? It is the world of mankind under discussion here that live on the land not a world someplace else. It does not matter to me if the WTS said something like this and I wanted to get at them somehow. It matters to me what Christ did, how and where, what he meant and what we as disciples should say when teaching others later.

Joseph

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Of course not. It is not as if they were scientists or astronomers of had a concept of the solar system and universe the way modern man now does.

God knew, Joseph, and they were inspired by God, right?

Farkel

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Farkle,

Right. They were that and were told what they needed to do to gain salvation. The science he left for them to figure out for themselves and we are still trying to figure that part out today.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit