scriptual basis for "paradise" very thin?

by highdose 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• highdose
    highdose

hi

has anyone noticed that the scriptures that jw's use to back up their claim of a paradise earth is very weak? i think theres only one or two over quoted ones and the others are taken out of context.

is this just me? or has anyone else noticed this?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Interesting topic! I think you're right, but then a lot of their claims are non-scriptural.

I'm not much of a scripture-hound myself, but I will be interested to see what others come up with.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I'm interested, too, because I still hope Paradise is true.

You will have to provide the scrips taken out of context, please.

• blondie
    blondie

I noticed that the bible never says "paradise earth" though that phrase is used often in WTS publications.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

That is true, blondie.

But there are scrips that talk about the earth lasting forever, not tottering....

I want to live in a tree-house, by the water, with my kids and grandkids, a garden, an orchard, friends who come by to have a glass of wine and a plate of cheese.

I'm not ready to give up that dream.

• Farkel
    Farkel

"Pretty thin" is an understatement:

The Search For a Paradise Earth

Farkel

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Thank you, Farkel.

I will read this when I have the proper time to devote to it.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

not the pedophile paradise

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I knew it! I thought I remembered Awakened doing a vid on this... he mentioned it when he bumped Farkel's thread!

Here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/172775/1/New-Video-Is-paradise-earth-a-Bible-teaching

and here is another thread with some good discussion:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/165871/1/How-do-mainstream-Christians-interpret-the-live-forever-on-Earth-scriptures

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I'm afraid that, if you are going to take the Bible literally, the paradise is not on earth. Nor will it ever be--otherwise, how would God dangle deliverance for future generations to exploit them to give up their fun and fulfillment for a chance at something they might (=won't) ever see?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit