Remembering CoCo......

by cameo-d 26 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Seems Mr. Compound Complex is on a venture...or perhaps involved in some creative frenzy as artists are often wont to do.

He sends you all this quote from Pearl S. Buck and hopes to return to see a discussion of this.

The instinct which creates the arts is not the same as that which produces art. The creative instinct is, in its final analysis and in its simplest terms, an enormous extra vitality, a super-energy, born inexplicably in an individual, a vitality great beyond all the needs of his own living — an energy which no single life can consume. This energy consumes itself then in creating more life, in the form of music, painting, writing, or whatever is its most natural medium of expression. Nor can the individual keep himselffrom this process, because only by its full function is he relieved of the burden of this extra and peculiar energy — an energy at once physical and mental, so that all hissenses are more alert and more profound than another man's, and all his brain more sensitive and quickened to that which his senses reveal to him in such abundance thatactuality overflows into imagination. It is a process proceeding from within. It is the heightened activity of every cell of his being, which sweeps not only himself, but all human life about him, or in him, in his dreams, into the circle of its activity .

• beksbks
    beksbks

Now damnit! You make it seem like he's gone!!!

Come back CoCo. Your grace and dignity are needed.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I am happy that our beloved CoCo is having a "quickening" and a "creative frenzy"! I am a bit envious, I should get to work on such, myself.

I think Pearl S. Buck is correct... there is only one thing we can do for such a surge of energy... succumb to it and produce.

Here's hoping our CoCo won't be away too long... but I am very happy he is having a productive sabbatical.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I love it when that spirit overcomes me,

I know what Buck is talking about

and I hope CoCo is having

a great time with this surge of creative energy.

It's a gift that is accepted with the deepest respect and gratitude.

purps

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Hope He's having

"The Time of his Life"

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

enjoy life coco...thanks for stopping by

• Heaven
    Heaven

I used to have creative energy. Maybe it'll come back one day.... sigh.

One of the guys I used to work with tried to explain creativity to a bean-counter type manager at work. Needless to say the creative guy no longer works for the company. I told him he should have related it to golf. The manager would have understood then. Oh well... hopefully CoCo will return to us one day too.

And I'm with purplesofa... I hope he's having a great time!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Frankly I am worried about Darling Coco -

His most recent threads sounded downright negative with hints of wanting to leave the Show.

I hope not. He is one of the most thoughtful and sweetly gracious posters.

Is he a teacher of some subject?

HB

I think we should post hugs for Coco OOOOOOOOO

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Don't worry Hamster... he still loves us. He is having computer issues... and found that it might be considered a blessing in disguise, as now he is getting a lot of creative productivity!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

baba -

When is the COco going to post his music for us to hear?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit