pope blaims atheists for global warming

by John Doe 36 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

I predict that Protestant extremists, who are now denying man made climate change, will sometime in the future be forced to accept its reality. When they do they too will blame Atheists for it.

villabolo

• beksbks
    beksbks

Now Burn is defending the pope, saying as christians they are the stewards of the earth to care for it blah, blah, blah. This is a true hoot, and about as hypocritical I've ever seen him. This is the guy whose fingers tirelessly search for studies to refute global warming. Who laughs at the idea of environmental responsibility.

If the pope really gave a damn about the environment, he would tell his followers to start using birth control immediately. Maybe his comments are actually a deflection from that very issue.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Because christians are all retarded...

The fact is that atheist are much much better stewards of the environment than christians because we know there is only one life only one shot only one world and little dead baby jebus is NOT going to save us!!! Thats why idiots like Bush can poop in the well and piss in the milk carton for a buck they don't care they don't believe that they can really kill everyone because god is gonna come fix it so screw the planet screw the environment screw everyone what does it matter Jebus is going to fix it! So YEEE HAW lets drill for oil through a polar bears skull!!!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Atheists are the ones who face the reality that we are responsible for the continuation of our species and the planet. WE know that hoping for god to come along some day and fix everything just isn't going to happen.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Thinking back a few decades was it the Catholic church who were the ones responsible for spearheading social environmental conscientiousness ?

Hardly not , more likely it was atheistic inspired college and university students from the 60's,

religionists were nowhere to found in that department.

I thought the Pope's comment was slanted with two faced hypocrisy and tritely self righteousness.

To make the suggestion that it is or was the non- religious people's fault for causing the environmental damage around the globe is nothing but

hypocritical bullshit to the highest order, next time you see him riding in that smoke polluting Pope-mobile or see flying off

around the world in that ever polluting jet air plane you'll see what I mean.

But hey if there are a billion devoted Catholics around the world who believe he is god's channel of communication on earth,

then maybe this will incite these followers to be more environmentally conscience, which might be a plus for everyone, even for

environmentally apathetic atheists.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Beksbeer: "Now Burn is defending the pope, saying as christians they are the stewards of the earth to care for it blah, blah, blah. This is a true hoot, and about as hypocritical I've ever seen him.

Question:

BTS, do you recognize the Pope as head of god's earthly organization?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Atheists do not go screeching around at 160 MPH trying desperately trying to get as many washtowel and asleep rags to everyone in the world as possible. Nor do they waste energy cutting down trees and hauling them across the country to waste even more energy printing up those washtowels and asleeps. (Nor do atheists have a leader insisting that, unless they are doing 160 MPH all the time, they are murdering those who would otherwise have been reached.)

And Devil worshipers don't do the above, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit