"understand that I am he" Isaiah 43:10

by Chalam 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

CTR had a lot of funny ideas but rejecting the evils inherent in the trinity was a good move. Being raised a Presbyterian and steeped in Calvin's doctrines of a God who hurts people in the afterlife was damaging.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Yea, it looks like Russel believed he could demand God's love.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jesus made it clear in John that He(Jesus) and the Fatjer(YHWH) are ONE.

It is mentioned in Paul's letters also, Jesus being the exact form of God, Jesus being the sole name of our salvation, and so forth.

This is an affirmation ( and re-affirmation) of the NEW COVENANT with the people of the world, the roles of God in the OC have been passed on the Jesus, his divine Son, in the NC.

Who was the saviour, the redeemer, the judge, our Lord in the OC? YHWH

Who is the saviour, the redeemer, the judge and our Lord in the NC? Jesus.

In all practical sense Jesus is YHWH and only being knowing Jesus FIRST can we know YHWH, for id we don't know Jesus who was man like US and also one with God, how can we ever hope to know God who is so far above us ?

I mean, if we can't relate to Jesus, how can we relate to YHWH ?

• Chalam
    Chalam

In all practical sense Jesus is YHWH and only being knowing Jesus FIRST can we know YHWH, for id we don't know Jesus who was man like US and also one with God, how can we ever hope to know God who is so far above us ?

I mean, if we can't relate to Jesus, how can we relate to YHWH ?

I agree-we can't. Jesus states it clearly John 14:6

Paul also

Ephesians 2:13-18 (New International Version)

13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

And the writer of Hebrews

Hebrews 10:19-22 (New International Version)

19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit