Were You Treated Like Crap By The "Brothers" and "Sisters"?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I agree that elder families are usually treated better UNLESS no one likes the elder.

• Scully
    Scully

You said it, minimus: Worldly™ people treat me better. Even as an Active™ JW In Good Standing™, I was treated like crap by other JWs.

On more than one occasion, I showed up at the mid-week Service Arrangement™ with one of my children, and every single JW there flat out refused to work with me. The Elder™ conducting the Service Arrangement™ did [edit] all to include me. And this was after a great deal of preparation ahead of time to make sure I was organized to take the baby with me in Service™. After a few times of being treated like that and going home in tears, completely demoralized, I had no interest in going in Service™ anymore.

I can't even chalk it up to being an "isolated case" in a certain congregation, because it happened in several different congregations that we attended over the years.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Growing up I was the son of the PO and our family was liked and treated pretty well. Later my dad was reproved so we lost quite a bit of status. Later as an adult I was treated well enough, though I didn't have a position in the congregation so I wasn't quite on the a-list and very involved socially. When I started to partake they started treated me like crap. LOL - "crap" was the exact words that a MS, formerly a good friend, used to describe me.

• minimus
    minimus

Donuthole, I like your name.

• donuthole
    donuthole

minimus - I think I was eating one at the time I signed up. Truly inspired.

• orbison11
    orbison11

yep

• watson
    watson

Nope.

• Casper
    Casper

Not really, they were nice enough I suppose, but I always felt as though I was on the outside looking in.

My congragation was made up of 3 large, very long term families, no way a convert could break into that inner circle.

Cas

• LucyA
    LucyA

My father isn't JW and has made it perfectly clear he had no interest so we were always sort of on the outside of both worlds looking in.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Yep, I was treated like crap by most of the Brothers TM and Sisters TM in my congregation TM . The only other girls remotely close to my age were Elders TM daughters who thought they were much better than me because their daddys had money. Then there was the Elder TM who thought I was a harlot because I had a worldly boy for a friend.

In hindsight I'd have to say I'm quite grateful to them though. Their behaviour helped push me away from a cult... I'm free of it, they are still trapped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit