October 2009 Kingdom Ministry

by MissingLink 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

..... Why is the big deal with the schedule? I also noticed we will be glossing over the "Follower" publication next March so where does that put the FW rumors? Guess we will just have to wait and see......

.... I too was annoyed about that blub in informal witnessing ( I can still hear Losch's voice talking about being able to identify JWs in a movie theater line by dress & grooming)..... yes the Knorr dragon rears it's ugly head once more expecting everyone to dress in a 'Leave it to Beaver' fashion!

.....So how do yall undercovers count IW? Do you count by the incident (auto 10-30 min time reporting) or by actual seconds and minutes? Does walking around in Sunday's Best at the grocery store or Walmart speaking loudly to kiddos about God creating such a wonderful abundance of resources count?????

I found the commentary about telephone both interesting (done alone!) but limiting it to small group pehaps of two or three to be utterly controlling!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Does WT not know that Information Wants to Be Free? This schedule will LEAK into the wild and every publisher who wants a copy will have a copy. How hard is it to take something down from the board an slap it onto a scanner or copier?

Well, maybe they don't really care about who has copies. Maybe they just don't want to print it in everyone's KM anymore, and they know copies will proliferate themselves.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    Does WT not know that Information Wants to Be Free? This schedule will LEAK into the wild and every publisher who wants a copy will have a copy. How hard is it to take something down from the board an slap it onto a scanner or copier?
    Well, maybe they don't really care about who has copies. Maybe they just don't want to print it in everyone's KM anymore, and they know copies will proliferate themselves.

And these copies will be at the expense of the individual, not the congo...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I did consider that.

However, they could accomplish the same thing by providing it in PDF format from their website. The URL could be provided on the schedule at the Hall. So, I'm just not convinced that cost savings was the big motivator here. Could be, though.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    However, they could accomplish the same thing by providing it in PDF format from their website. The URL could be provided on the schedule at the Hall. So, I'm just not convinced that cost savings was the big motivator here. Could be, though.

Maybe they want to reserve the ability to change it during the year by just fixing the congregational copy? And probably still have not clued into the idea that practically everybody in this country has a computer on the internet...

I too think this is about centralized control.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Yknot, they want phone witnessing done in small groups so more people are participating. It's too easy to count three hours worth of time when 20 people take turns making 1 phone call apiece. Good times.

• carla
    carla

information board- still can't bring themselves to call it a bulliten board?

• jonathanconway
    jonathanconway

Interesting that they're OK with "telephone witnessing", but still refuse to approve "Internet witnessing". :)

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The is no fuzz over the scheduled, it will be printed as it is now week for week together with the service meeting program, the only difference is that the insert will not be printed, and there is no need for it anymore, since this year it is also printed on a weekly basis in the KM. Double work. Next year, only once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit