Are JW's the only ones imprisoned for their beliefs?

by homeschool 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chickpea
    chickpea

ouigers!

• homeschool
    homeschool

Ninja you have a pm

• Dagney
    Dagney

Check out Amnesty International, they used to have statistics I think.

• homeschool
    homeschool

Its Shezam to you, mister

• homeschool
    homeschool

So how would I bring up the topic after the discussion's already taken place? I didn't know very much about it when it was brought up in conversation, so I just listened a lot

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

"I kept thinking about the conversation we had the other day. It was so interesting, I decided to do a little research. Did you know . . . "

• homeschool
    homeschool

hehe, yep, Blue...thats a great start. I get nervous because I don't want to seem over-ambitious on the matter, ya know? I guess it'll just have to take some control on my part.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"ooh, I love those horizontal stripes Sis. They make me think of the Mandaean Baptist of Iraq, persecuted and jailed for their faith, a faith Sis, that is fascinating in it's history and somewhat mysterious in it's origin, though we know that it is very, very ancient..."

And your off ;)

bonus points for making your sister curse, as in "wtf do you keep calling me 'sis'?"

*technically, the mandeans may not be being jailed in Iraq right now. minor point. They are persecuted. how weird is it to find a religion, a people who connect themselves to John the Baptist but aren't Christian? I never got a good answer when I would ask, "so, how and why exactly did that baptizing thing start with Christians? what does it have to do with Judaism or Christ?"

• homeschool
    homeschool

LoL, six...you're a funny fella.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit