This ten comment rule is like getting three wishes from a Genie and I just blew my first one on a silly rant. Rats!
Speaking from experience on this one.
Subject: Bethel Apostates. (Important dates in Jehovah Witness history according to me)
1. I was at Bethel in the mid-seventies
2. Left Bethel in the mid-seventies (2 years)
3. I was in the full-time service off-and-on, with my wife for 20 years.
4. Quit coming to the meetings in 1995 after we adopted our daughter from a Witness girl in Prison, and why? Let's see, can you guess?
As one young, "Anointed Elder" (who I usually refer to as the "Chosen One") told us, and later the sentiment absurdly confirmed by our CO, "How could you adopt a child, when the end was so close, and a Bastard child at that?!"
After a firm reply from me to the CO that he was way out-of-line with that judgement. He became VERY Red-Faced, angry and started yelling at me. Followed promptly by taking away my priviledges at the District, Circuit, Regional levels as well as any responsibilities in the Congregation. And if that wasn't enough, a private rebuke of "we should just leave this org. and do everyone a favor". Can't you just feel the love of this humble CO servant of God?
5. Thought we might have been Apostates in 2001. Wasn't sure?? We visited dying worldy Father on Xmas Day to say our goodbyes. Worldy family gave us hugs-and-kisses for coming. Witness side? Scorn and rebuke. "How could you have done such an evil thing? Don't you realize how bad that makes us look?!"
6. 2009 (A) - Realized we were the worst kind of Apostates 3 days ago after reading this site for the first time We have committed the "Un-forgivable Sin" ...... by no longer holding the GB dear to our hearts. Have they really become that insecure with their needed "loyalty tests"?!
7. 2009 (B) We owe our friends Ray and Cynthia Franz one heck of an apology. They were right, and we were wrong.
So you can add one more former Bethelite to the "Book of the Apostates" list.
Only 9 comments left.......