Are you a better person now?

by bluecanary 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

I know im a much better person even my parents think so.Im much more kind and giving to people and i apprecaite things more and listen better.This is probably a cobination of coming out of adolescent brattiness and leaving J-dubs tho.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My mother once said to me, when we were in the heat of a discussion on my choice to no longer be a JW, "you're not the same person anymore".

I told her she was right, I'm now a happy person, I'm healthy, and just feel GOOD about myself now. I did not feel that way as a JW. I felt free. Feeling like that on the inside, translates to what people see on the outside as well.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Firmly removing a JW mindset will improve anyone's moral values, no matter what.
    JW's think there's only one permanent solution to mankind's problems- sell them magazines and books and recruit them.
    They have no real charity, even their disaster aid is subject to the organization and the pioneers want credit for the time spent helping brothers instead of recruiting.

They have no real contributions to society. They took a few points to the U.S. Supreme Court for self-serving reasons. Otherwise, they don't get involved in their own community in any way, they don't take an interest in politics and avoid all the important issues.

Atheists are not immoral because they don't have to answer to God. They are just as moral and concerned about things as others, certainly they are more concerned about things than a JW. They are often more environmental because God won't clean it up. They are often more generous because we only have each other to help us. But people are people. One will be different from the next.

I always felt that I would risk my life even for a complete stranger. The average JW will salivate about the complete strangers dying at Armageddon, and will put dibs in on their house. They are like their "Jehovah."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit