My Email to a Jw supporter

by AK - Jeff 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

That was very well written Jeff. I really liked the points you made. Thanks for posting it.

Hope it makes the splinter in his brain a little bit harder to ignore.

All the best

Hopscotch

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    So are you saying in essence you are an atheist or just that no-one is proclaiming the truth in regards to God?

Well, I use the more moderate 'agnostic' at this point. I rather believe that no one can prove it one way or the other, and hence the agnostic viewpoint. Since no one can prove that they have found God, or found the correct pathway to God, then it is all idle speculation, or perhaps it could accurately be regarded as lies.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is unreasonable to assume that God needs my worship. It serves no fundamental reason for Him to demand such from me. He is supposedly omniscient, omnipotent. What does he gain from my worship? Or even my verbal claim of faith in him? And if I claim such faith, but have it wrong – as most of us must have it wrong statistically – what would he do about that? Would he act as the benevolent God that some worship and forgive my error? Or would he behave as the malevolent God that so many Christians worship?

Best thought above in my opinion. The maker of the watchmaker, I liked that too.

I liked your 30-years delay thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit