What will the JW religion be like in 2015?

by JimmyPage 73 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Over 100 years into the reign of Christ and six more years of damage from the internet.

What do you envision?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

same shite, churning in new fresh blood, not giving a shit about oldies leaving, still deceiving, lying to the mass's,still covering up child abuser's etc

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

When I feel like a realist I agree with Jookbeard - more of the same. Some new doctrine to captivate new members, who will have no concept of the significance of 1914 or generation teachings.

When I feel like an optimist I would say that education will lead to an ever increasing exodus of people from the WTS as those that still pin their hopes on 1914 and a literal generation come to their senses and leave.

• parakeet
    parakeet

In 2015, they'll predict Armageddon is just around the corner.

In 2025, they'll predict Armageddon will happen any day now.

In 2035, they'll predict Armageddon is imminent.

They'll keep predicting as long as there are fools who believe them.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what about 2045 parakeet?

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

theyll have to go mainstream or step it up and go really crazy in wich case growth will all but stop and they will be reduced to a relativley small group of the hardcore belivers and thoose people will be beyond any help or truth anyone could tell them

• yknot
    yknot

An organization who is trying it's best to look mainstream but is still having conflict on what 'big picture' direction to take and squabbling over the piddly details that are downright culty..........

Please for the love of God.....make married oral sex fully a MOC without autoDA!

......and yeah pretty much what Jookbeard said......

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Expect to see a greater separation of the hardcore cult stuff with the more palatable mainstream stuff, as we're already seen with the Study and Public editions of the WT.

They will need to increase their grip on the loyal members, so expect greater levels of fear and intimidation (see the article "Family Worship - Vital for Survival" for their model). Along with this will come an escalation of persecution against dissenters. Faders will be firmly in their sights.

However, in a bid to drive new membership, expect them to appear more mainstream to the outside; shorter Sunday meeting will be one way they'll do this, along with an ever increasing sanitation, "don't-you-love-fluffy-pandas?"-type Watchtower articles for the public.

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

JimmyPage, I initially thought that JWs will fare just as badly as all other religions, with the possible exception of Islam, which may grow slightly stronger in less advanced cultures. Society in general is becoming more and more secular. The more advanced the society, the weaker the influence religion can exert. In my experience, most people that claim to be religious are not really being honest with themselves - their main interest is just in belonging to a group for the social benefits it brings them along with any feel-good-factor to separate thgem from atheists and agnostics.

As a Scottish humanist living in Scotland, I feel that an ever increasing number of people will come to view all religion as nothing but a devisive, out-of-date system run by either naive, emotionally unstable, or power-hungry individuals to exert control over others. Humanists can live highly moral lives without having to factor-in any god, or religious book of rules of behaviour to advise them as to what is right or wrong, good or bad. Any judgemental element can still play a part by activating our individual consciences to try and make the world a better place for future generations.

However, having considered your question more carefully, I reckon JWs future probably will deteriorate faster than the average religious group as more members have the confidence to go online and find out many unpleasant facts about their religious origins. Recruiting new members will not make up for the mass exodus of disenchanted ex-believers. Their demise may be sooner than 2015, especially if governments start to put a curb on the more nasty, cultish groups and the damage they cause to society. Jws must be pretty high up in that list of dangerous mind-control groups that need to be brought to book.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

And add to the bottom of this now 40 year old song.... And the JWs will still sayin, God is comin you bettah keep prayin!

Zager and Evans

"In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)"
    Reached #1 07-12-69 on the Billboard Charts

In the year 2525
    If man is still alive
    If woman can survive
    They may find........

In the year 3535
    Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
    Everything you think, do, or say
    Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545