the full english

by highdose 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I did have the pleasure and delight of having and English breakfast last September, in London! Sausage, eggs, bacon and toast, with a generous amount of English breakfast tea, it was heavenly!

Thos continental breakfast people can keep it on their own continent.

• core
    core

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_breakfast

the full monty - named after the war in Heckmondwike. Yorkshire

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Yes I love that menu jookbeard.

It's funny how many Scottish and English posters have responded to this thread. Even though I am in Australia I am Scottish (Glasgow) by birth.

Hopscotch

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

You can eat properly in England if you have breakfast three times a day -- Hitchcock puts something like that on the lips of the police inspector in Frenzy whose wife is learning French cooking and trying it on him... :)

• megs
    megs

Rashers, sausage, egg, mushrooms, soda bread, and a cuppa with milk... ohhhh I miss a good fry! (my body doesn't though!)

• highdose
    highdose

well IMO the full english is more important culturaly speaking than the Queen herself ( don't know if anyone would agree) afterall... the Queen is getting on abit now and will be replaced... by that floppy eared, stuttering and adulterous son of hers!

...wereas the full english will always be there for us Brits;)

of course the holy grail of the full english is to be able to cook it all in the one pan and depending on how hard core you are, eat it out of the same pan ( saves washing up although i don't go that far)

It was a 19 Centery french food critic ( name unknown) who said that the only safe way to eat in england was to have breakfast 3 times a day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit