Did You Ever "Enjoy" Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

...LOL

Other than those who stayed out of fear something must have been compelling

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

There were times I had a great feeling about being a witness. But the majority of the time I secrety hated it, was bitterly depressed, and wanted to just "be a normal worldly person." I finally got my wish

CS

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

At first I did when I thought it was true. I made good efforts to make serving God enjoyable, e.g organised events, gatherings, stopping at cafe' on the ministry etc...

It took me quite by surprise how much I disliked the Organisation; the meetings, the singing, the elders, the judgemental bro and sisters, the lack of provision for the children; the moment I found out it wasn't true.

I realise now that the brainwashing and repressed independent thought had prevented me from voicing what I really felt. Once I allowed myself to do that, I found the whole thing incredibly repellent.

So in my delusion, as a 'brainwashed zombie', I enjoyed being a Jehovahs Witness.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Everything OUTSIDE of the boring, unfulfilling meetings, god awful door to door work, and endless assemblies...I pretty much enjoyed being around the people and having get togethers.

Its always been my contention that I dont hate the JWs who are as hapless as we were...I ABHOR the Society.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Strawberry Cake has said it all:

At first I did when I thought it was true.

Now I know it is a load of lies, I realise what an idiot I must have appeared to my friends and work mates at that time. Of course all those friends have long gone and now all I am left with is Sister fokyc; still a diehard JW and fortunately these days the WEB and all the posters on JWN, thanks guys.

fokyc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once I realized that promises were not being fulfilled in my personal life and that they wanted ever more out of me, nothing was enjoyable. I did not enjoy field circus--I was more likely to meet a frog baby than to meet any member of the opposite sex that would have amounted to anything and not have it busted up before I even got to talk. I did not enjoy the boasting sessions--unless they got cancelled for snow. I did not enjoy the littera-trash once I realized that it was essentially the same crap. I did not enjoy the s*** that they pass as "music".

Nor did I enjoy the attached meanings of being a witless. They make being a witless sound like it means being willing and able to tolerate any amount of abuse, without complaining--and being taken advantage of (both from the world and from within the religion). No matter how much you are disappointed, no matter how much Jehovah and/or the organization (or the hounders) trifle with your feelings, you are not supposed to give a f***. Rather, you are supposed to voluntarily accept it and do even more--and lie to others, telling them you are happy being a witless.

• minimus
    minimus

For sure, there are a lot of JWs that feel concerned that they don't feel "happy". They know they are not the "happiest people on earth". And they feel guilty about it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit