Did You Ever "Enjoy" Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One thing I've realized is that Witnesses LOVE feeling better than their fellowman. Did being a Witness make you feel better about yourself?

• LucyA
    LucyA

No worse. I always thought I was doing somthing wrong and could never figure out what ?!

• MrsPeaches
    MrsPeaches

I enjoyed being with my friends when I was one. The religious aspect did make me feel like I was hopeless though. And of course my friendships were conditional which I realised when I made the break.

• minimus
    minimus

Guiltiness is good for the Organization. It equals control.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Did You Ever "Enjoy" Being A Jehovah's Witness?

It is easier to say what I enjoyed more than being a Jehovah's Witnesses.

That would be: having my fingernails pulled out one-by-one with a pair of pliers.

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

Oh Farkel, I don't believe that. I think that when you conscientously believed it was all good, you enjoyed believing you were in a better position than the worldly people.

• oompa
    oompa

WTF?......oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It was as much fun..

As having your Ass Scrubbed with a Wire Brush..

It Sucked!!

..............LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

min,

:Oh Farkel, I don't believe that

Would I lie to you?

Don't answer that!

Farkel

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Oh for sure minimus I am now ashamed to admit. I was brainwashed from 5 years of age that JWs were God's Chosen People. I mean we were The Elite of the world. For a long time (about 30 or so years) I loved that exclusive feeling, that righteous feeling of belonging to such a special group, that feeling of knowing something the majority of the world didn't.

But that feeling started diminishing over the last 10 years of being a JW and now I look back and see that feeling for what it really was. It is a clever tool that is used and encouraged by the mind controlling manipulators of the WTS to try and keep you in.

I now love just being a normal everyday 'worldly' person like everyone else.

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit