Do you believe that the GB are in charge of the WBTS?

by God_Delusion 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

"Legal" does the GB's bidding.

• oompa
    oompa

GD.......where did you read that the real leaders are not the known leaders?......makes no sense to me.........somebody is leading and it is normally the leaders.......or else they would not be leaders.............oompa

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

1. GB

2. legal department/lawyers

3. business advisers who happen also to be JWS

PS. God has nothing to do with this Corporation

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

The WTBTS is in charge of itself. It is a Corporation. Corporation's were created to become their own entity. Because this entity is not human but it lives, it has no sense of justice nor does it care about humans. It only exists to survive and grow like any corporation does.

If the lawyers are now making the decisions, be assured they are making these decisions for one reason only and that reason is to keep the corporation ALIVE it is not programmed to die and it will do anything it can to stay alive.

LD

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

This is where you can find information on corporations

The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power by Joel Bakan.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Whether they are or not, the R&F envisions them like those lofty illustrations, sitting on their thrones with crowns and robes in a celestial circle, overlooking their kingdom, making lofty life altering decisions and getting direct communications from God himself...all of which is put into the magazines and the talks to feed the masses at the spiritual banquets called meetings and assemblies.

You know its true. The reality is much less sexy.

• donuthole
    donuthole

I have a tendency to embrace conspiracies too much for my own good but I do believe that there is a higher earthly power in charge of the WBTS, apart from the Satanic spirit that drives all religious corporations. Who? I do not know. I did have a dream once that an individual named Judah Bar Schroeder was secretly running the joint.

• glenster
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    I did have a dream once that an individual named Judah Bar Schroeder was secretly running the joint.

Judah Ben just giggled... I promise.. Probably rolled his eyes too.

• yknot
    yknot

I think it evolves....

Eventually with all the wackiness Legal is reluctantly bound to take over if the GB boys keep playing personality appeasement games instead of focusing on growing and maintaining the flock with limited liability interpretations.

When I was a little girl the Legal Department was the 'necessary evil', Service a noble calling and Writing the holy grail of appointments.......now writing is flip, service is gestapo and legal, legal is just trying to do their jobs and keep things afloat as writing and service muck up everything by dancing jigs to their respective GB counterparts!

So yes I think the GB still have 'influence' but I believe power, power is more in the hand of worldly governments and the almighty dollar......which are squarely negotiated and protected by legal. Does legal want the GB job.....nope but they might be the only sane bastards in the building!

The GB is just another 'Ted' away from being purely figureheads IMHO.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit