LSD to Uphold Blood Sacrifices in Near Future!

by cameo-d 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Beloved Rabbit said:

My JW mom died of internal bleeding in a hospital.

I think she and thousands of other JW's have already been, "JW Blood Sacrifices."

Sadly, I have too much in common with you in our shared (and horrifyingly unwilling) sacrifices to the WTBTS, Beloved Rabbit.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

3 Nephi 9:

19 And ye shall offer up unto me a no more the shedding of blood; yea, your sacrifices and your burnt offerings shall be done away, for I will accept none of your sacrifices and your burnt offerings. 20 And ye shall offer for a a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I b baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost... Clear enough? "No more shedding of blood... sacrifices done away... sacrifice only a broken heart and a contrite spirit". SusanHere

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Sorry for the scrunchy formatting. I didn't type it in that way.

Susan Here

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Cameo:

I am sorry that your mother passed.

Rabbit: "I think she and thousands of other JW's have already been, "JW Blood Sacrifices.""

Does this justify human ritual sacrifice of others?

There is a difference between medical emergencies and dying versus selection of healthy victims for sacrificial rituals having their throats slit and using their blood to sprinkle on an altar.

This teaching is coming to a church near you!

So...are these future blood scarifices to be animal or human? If human...are they...willing? Ya' know, like suicide bombers, flaming buddists or Jehovah's Witnessses? They, after all, are 'cognizant' and religious...agnostics and atheists usually do't see a future in that sort of thing.

"There is a difference between medical emergencies and dying versus selection of healthy victims..."

Nope! If they are 'sane' and willing...I see NO difference at all -- they're both dead.

Baba, yeah, we do share some good & bad similarities, because of this cult, don't we? Good to see ya' here.

Rabbit

• Janey214
    Janey214

I think you'll find that this article relates directly to the Strangite sect of mormonism. They have no current temples. And the 'apostles' highlighted above are nothing to do with those you'll find in utah. I would also assert that the writer of this article was being particularly ambiguous in relation to what was referred to as 'sacrifice'; the writer appears to be referring to the animal sacrifices of the OT, however these are quite catagorically something that is not practiced in the current LDS church - the one with the guys in suits on bicycles. In fact the Book of Mormon teaches that the 'last and greatest sacrifice' was that of Jesus on the cross. Their current teachings on sacrifice relate to 'sacrificing the things of this world'.

The writer seems to be confusing the issue of sacrifice with one of blood atonement, whereby when civil and ecclesiastical laws are one day run by the same man or men, then one would pay for one's most grievous sins through the shedding of their own blood, this would not exempt them from the atoning sacrifice of Christ, but in many ways is similar to capital punishment.

There appears to me to be a world of difference between the teachings of the Strangites and that of the main mormon church.

J

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Thanks for pointing out my hillarious spelling error.

:I meant LDS, of course.

LSD best explains the LDS!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit