LSD to Uphold Blood Sacrifices in Near Future!

by cameo-d 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

These sacrifices have continued at all times, from Adam until Jesus Christ, but whether they should continue subsequently is disputed by some. This is because the ordinances of God have been changed by man.

In these latter days, the Lord God has restored the fullness of the gospel to the earth, and opened up the dispensation of the fullness of times. In this dispensation, the ordinances of God are being established precisely in accordance with those of preceding dispensations. Among these ordinances are sacrifices, which were to be completely restored when the Temple was constructed.

The purpose of this article is to show from the scriptures that sacrifice will be offered in these modern times; that Joseph Smith, a modern prophet, taught that this was about to take place;

It is clear then, that Jesus had to keep this feast as an Israelite, and that this feast of the passover is still supposed to be kept by the generations of Israel. But if sacrifices had all been fulfilled, the feast of the passover could not be kept, for it was a sacrifice. (Exod. 12:26-27):

The above quotations illustrate that Jesus did teach and practice the ordinances of sacrifice. Since he commanded his saints to follow his teachings and example, they too must continue these ordinances.

The Apostles Continue Sacrifice.

Paul Makes an Offering

In accordance with the teachings of Jesus, the apostles in the early church continued to offer sacrifices upon the altar. There are several different types of sacrifices that were recorded as having been offered. At a time when some people had incorrectly thought that he had been teaching that these customs were done away with, Paul corrects this fallacy by himself sacrificing as an example. (Acts 21:20-24, 26):

Paul Keeps the Feast of First Fruits

Another sacrifice offered by Paul was that connected with Pentecost, also called the feast of first fruits, as it is written (Acts 20:16):

This feast of first fruits involves the offering up of a sacrifice (Exod. 23:16-19):

18 Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leavened bread; neither shall the fat of my sacrifice remain until the morning.

Paul's Writings on Sacrifice

The Epistle to the Hebrews also contains evidence that offerings are still supposed to be made, but these writings are complex, and often ambiguous. That offerings could be made, there is no doubt, for it is written, "every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices." (Heb. 8:3.)

The writer continues, writing specifically about sacrifices for sin offerings: "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." And again, "Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin." (Heb. 10:26, 18.)

The writer continues by showing that there was a purpose for sacrifices, as there is a reason for all of the ordinances. The purpose of sinofferings, for example, was to "sanctify to the purifying of the flesh," (Heb. 9:13), but the sacrifice of Jesus Christ was a more perfect offering, for it purified the spirit. (Heb. 9:8, 9, 14, 23; 10:14.)

And although bread and wine have always been partaken of in remembrance of Jesus Christ (Gen. 14:18-19), thereby purifying the spirits of the saints; and the children of God have always been baptized for the remission of their sins (1 Cor. 10:1-4); yet, it was still "necessary" that the followers of God offer up sacrifices for their sins. (Heb. 9:23.)

Sacrifices Disappear

Having established the fact that sacrifices remained in the New Testament church, an examination of the reasons for their disappearance is necessary. Clement, an early Christian writer, at the end of a long exhortation for the saints to offer their sacrifices according to the appointed times and places, said:

20. The daily sacrifices are not offered everywhere; nor the peace-offerings, nor the sacrifices appointed for sins and transgressions; but only at Jerusalem: nor in any place there, but only at the altar before the temple; that which is offered being first diligently examined by the high priest and the other minister as we before mentioned. (2)

Since the above law was in effect for the Christian church, it seems probable that sacrifices were not discontinued until the destruction of the Temple in A.D. 70. It is likely that after the Temple was destroyed, the doctrine arose that sacrifices would never be restored to the church.

Daniel

Daniel prophesied years earlier, that men would begin to teach the dogma that sacrifices should cease. He said that it "cast down the truth to the ground; and it practiced and prospered." (Dan. 8:12.) But notwithstanding this false doctrine, it is evident that the true saints would be aware that sacrifices were to be reestablished again, for according to the vision of Daniel, after a lengthy period of time the sanctuary would be cleansed, and this purification would occur "at the time of the end," or in these latter days. (Dan. 8:13-14, 17.)

Read more here: http://www.strangite.org/Offering.htm

• JeffT
    JeffT

LSD makes people do all kinds of strange things.

Watch out for the brown ones.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Jeff T!!!!

Thanks for pointing out my hillarious spelling error.

I meant LDS, of course.

Hope this will not take away too much from the seriousness of what I am trying to say.

• JeffT
    JeffT

That's what you get for typing to fast (I do it all the time). I'm also reminded of one of the best lines in the Star Trek movies "my friend did to much LDS in the sixties).

Back on track:

I mean no disrespect to anybody by these comments, I have Mormon relatives who are really nice people. In my opinion the LDS church is as bad as JW's for making up doctrine. The leadership can call up new light (or whatever they call it - "revelation" I think) as needed, most notably when they did away with polygamy and admitted blacks to the priesthood, both for political reasons. The comments about blood sacrifice are consistent with what I know of LDS doctrine. When Gary Gilmore was executed in the seventies, the state of Utah specified firing squad - because they believed that blood had to be shed in order to atone for the sin.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If the Mormons teach that the cessation of blood sacrifices was a false teaching and they are prepared to accept the reinstatement of this ritual, I wonder if the WT can be far behind?

I believe this is one reason the Christian churches have been so supportive of hoping for the rebuilding of "The Temple" in Israel. And from what I have seen of recent literature, they are tiptoe-ing in to prepare the congregations to accept the revival of blood sacrifice.

I wonder if they will be surprised when they later learn that it turns out to be human ritual sacrifice?

Does WT emphasize the return to ritual animal sacrifice in the Daniel book?

quote:

Daniel prophesied years earlier, that men would begin to teach the dogma that sacrifices should cease.

But notwithstanding this false doctrine, it is evident that the true saints would be aware that sacrifices were to be reestablished again, for according to the vision of Daniel, after a lengthy period of time the sanctuary would be cleansed, and this purification would occur "at the time of the end," or in these latter days. (Dan. 8:13-14, 17.)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Just FYI, this is not the average Mormons that you see at your door with the black suits and the nametags. It's an offshoot. There will not be blood sacrifices at the LDS temples.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

JW Daughter:"There will not be blood sacrifices at the LDS temples."

Of course not.

The ritual blood sacrifices will take place in Israel.

They started building the sacrificial alter at the end of July.

I just don't know if they plan to start as soon as Yom Kippur this year.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My JW mom died of internal bleeding in a hospital.

I think she and thousands of other JW's have already been, "JW Blood Sacrifices."

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

My JW mom died of internal bleeding in a hospital.

I think she and thousands of other JW's have already been, "JW Blood Sacrifices."

Agreed!

CS

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Rabbit: "My JW mom died of internal bleeding in a hospital."

I am sorry that your mother passed.

Rabbit: "I think she and thousands of other JW's have already been, "JW Blood Sacrifices.""

Does this justify human ritual sacrifice of others?

There is a difference between medical emergencies and dying versus selection of healthy victims for sacrificial rituals having their throats slit and using their blood to sprinkle on an altar.

This teaching is coming to a church near you!

The above literature, according to Daniel, says that man's teaching that sacrifices should stop is a false teaching.

And no, you won't see it happen locally (I don't think). If you read the above literature, this will only be taking place at the Temple proper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit