The toll on women..

by freedomisntfree 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

This is so true. I consider myself as an intelligent, kind person who is ok looking yet in all my time of being a witless never had any interest from guys. I've now worked it out that due to my intelligence, career and earnings they were all threatened. Somehow I threatened their masculinity as catering for their needs only went as far as cooking and cleaning!

• meangirl
    meangirl

Not surprising since they are constantly stereotyped and reminded of "their place"........The first time I attended a kingdom hall I was 12/13 years old and I remember thinking something just wasn't right......I often wonder now as an adult woman how my mom could've been soooo attracted to a religion that constantly demeans women.......How can one be happy when they are told they are "weak" and not strong enough to handle "real responsibility" and to be in "subjection" even if you don't agree.......Makes complete sense to me!!!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I remember too the quote from an a$$embly back in the days when the WT policy was to stay single.

The audience actually laughed when the men were reminded that when they get married all they are getting is a bag of bones and a hank of hair. This was also related to me personally by an old guy who had been involved since the late 20s.

HB

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

My opion, which is only my opinion, is that these maladies aren't made up consciously, but manifest because the subconscious hates the way the person is being overworked both physically and emotionally. While a believer may be reluctant to choose to skip meetings or service, a physical ailment can provide a needed respite.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

oompa your a dirty old man get off my post!

to the rest of you: To eloborate i would agree with most of you that these "ailments" are mostly pycho symatic i studied breifly with a so called annoited sister.She hadnt been to a meeting in years due to scent sensitivities and listened over the phone and did telephone witnessesing YET! her house was covered in poperri she had a scented airfreashner in her car and just to test her (evil i know) i dosed myself in several different scents and came over. She never noticed a thing.....

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Such things can never happen in Jehovah's "Spiritual Paradise."...

Farkel said it it must be true!

(a la WTS quotations)

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Nothing new. I've noticed this since the early 70's.

Damn! It took me this long to get out?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

bluecanary has discovered the correct diagnosis.

These people need a legal reason to get off the gerbil wheel from time to time so all these different maladies come to the surface. We just ran into a woman today who left the meeting early because she didn't feel good. So on the way home she went to the grocery store.

LD

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

whenever you are stunted in one way or are forced into thinking a certain way your body will "act out" - it knows when something is out of sync.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Spike tassel, are you reading????

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit