I was told I'd never graduate high school....

by lisavegas420 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

but I did.

and now...look at my grandchildren. The youngest started kindergarten this year. The best part, is he had no fear. He wasn't worried about what the worldly kids at school that were going to try and trick him into taking drugs or saluting the flag. He doesn't know about Armageddon. He is just excited to learn and meet new friends.

That's right, I'm bragin'

lisa

• Heaven
    Heaven

A lot of us were told things that never happened... that were outright lies. They're still lying to people too. It messes you up inside. For me, I have trust issues. It is difficult to 'buy in' to things; to believe in things; and to trust people.

He is just excited to learn and meet new friends.

Awesome! Lisa, they're beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks for sharing Lisa, great looking grandkids!!!

• carla
    carla

How cute!

Maybe you can give Hikaru a heads up on what you were told as a young person, she needs to hear from those of you who lived it and now have beautiful grandchildren like you!

• homeschool
    homeschool

I was told that college wasn't important at all and that I shouldn't go...so I didn't do well in high school cuz I thought 'Whats the point?'. And then my parents were disappointed in me. Ohhhh, the neverending cycle of guilt.

Hey but guess what....I got my act together and now I own my own business (and no, its not window washing or janatorial work! ...not that there's anything wrong with that ...) And its a SUCCESS! The recession hasn't affected my biz at all

Lisa, you have every right to brag. Your grandchildren are beautiful!!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I was told the same thing... Armageddon would come long before I could graduate. I'll be attending my 40th High School Reunion in October! I have 4 grandchildren now.

Coffee

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

Awesome! I'd be bragging too if I were you. I wish I had experienced a normal childhood.

I was speaking with my mom recently about Memorial attendance and the 1935 date (nothing openly apostate because she doesn't know yet), but she mentioned that exact thing - that she was told she wouldn't graduate high school. Now she has 4 grown children and 3 grand children. But, of course, she still believes the end will be here any moment...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I remember it well.

Unfortunately, most of the ones who said I would never graduate from High School are dead.

Rub a Dub

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

You should be happy with for your grand children. I was told the same thing in the mid 80's...remember it was the era of the famous generation...

I left school few weeks before my graduation to become pioneer since the end was sooo close.....

Now I'm in my early 40's, my hair start to turn white, a family broken due to WT...I just hate them

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Good for you! I think the same thing when I look at my nieces and nephews. It makes me so happy to think of them living full lives away from the WT's lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit