SEARCHING FOR MEN

by hamsterbait 21 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Leo -

seriously tho, you are right. Paul refers to "Older Women" in the same passage about "Older Men".

Even in the OT women were used as prophets. One (her name is in Elizabeth Cady-Stanton's "Women's Bible") presided over a "COllege" in ancient Jerusalem. The NWT says she was in charge of a "quarter" (or wardrobe), but I have not found out if "college" just meant a Quad like those at Cmbridge or Oxford in England.

In the OT women seem to have been used by the divine spirit more often.

Interestingly crazy behavior of males was often referred to as "behaving like a prophet", yet this term is never applied to a woman. presumably this would be a witch, as at Endor.

HB

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

LOL... I gotta see this article for my self. Maybe they should try taking out a personal ad or eHarmony or something.

"Hot, sultry, past-her-prime Cult, seeks hardworking, clean cut, castrated male. Must be willing to be subjugated to my will, and not prone to "independant thinking". Must enjoy dull music, 'in-speak', and long walks in 110° heat. A plus if has window washing skills and 4 door sedan. First 1000 respondants will skip 'Publisher' and be promoted straight to 'Ministerial Servant'. Don't worry there's pleanty of meaningless titles to go around. Call 555-CULT, ask for Governing Body. Pedophiles OK but NO Catholics please."

Oh, you mean like this one on craigslist in Brooklyn??

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/w4m/1349017659.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit