Is it my imagination or have the wording in WT publications been altered?

by artemis.design 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

(Credit goes to Blondie)

There are 2 books

Download:

Click the link at the bottom of the next page.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o9loy8

1998 Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?

Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?

Same download instructions:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/moqirv

N.

Life—How

1985 Edition

Life-- How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or By Creation? (SCEE)

• littlerockguy
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

(Credit goes to littlerockguy) 1967 Did Man Get Here By Evolution Or By Creation Click the link at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/05uig8 N.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

Farkel!!!! Brilliant! LLOL! (Literally Laughed Out Loud)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They do alter the wording periodically. You see, they "adjust" the beliefs of the members. The "adjustment" usually comes in the form of a washtowel study article. Shortly after, they put out a new batch of books with the "new" wording--while telling people that their existing copies are out of date. They are supposed to then get new copies, with the "corrected" wording, and ditch their existing copies. That way, everyone thinks it has always been that way.

What they don't realize is that many people hold on to their old copies, compare the "truth" in the old copy with the "truth" of the new copy, and sometimes even hang onto the first batch until the third or fourth "correction" comes along. They do that so people can believe that it always has been that way, but the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger fails to realize that there are a good many packrats (who hang onto everything that ever came from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger as treasure never to be destroyed) in the congregations. And, by comparing these originals with the "revisions", many have come to see the religion as bogus.

It's not just the Creation and Revelation book that has this issue. The Washtowels are altered--there are plenty of cases where the reprints and bound volumes differ from the originals. The Suffer Forever book had at least one "adjustment" (about Sodom). Even the Not Well Translated Bible is not immune to "revisions".

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Farkel!! LOL and LOL!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes, my child,

They do change wording in WT publications. I can remember the example of the Watchtower that said that we would probably not see the 21st century in the 90's. They took it out now.

Give them credit, though. Everyone is so new that they won't remember that false prophecy, and they can take the horseshit out at will rather than giving the old "new light" lame-o excuse.

Good job WTBTS Corporation!

• steve2
    steve2

Farkel you have summed it all up beautifully. So devoid of irony is the Watchtower, that I would not be surprised is they stole your succinctly insightful overview and started using it. Look out for the copyright violation.

On a more elevated but not necessarily more insightful note, the Watchtower changes its interpretation of Revelatione very few years. At least it shares this predilection for reinterpretation with almost every other fundamentalist group that exists. Revelation is such a conveniently symbolic piece of Holy Scripture that even its author, the One True God, was observed scratching his head wondering what on earth he had meant when he had the relevation over 2,000 years ago. It is a truly mercilessly psychotic piece of writing.

• blondie
    blondie

While the WTS told jws about the changes in the Revelation book, they don't always. They encourage jws to through out their old (marked up books) and get news. Of course, some jws are not "obedient" and I was in a book study where people had old and new books. Weren't they surprosed when the reader read something other than in their old book. Nothing earthshakingly different, but it proved that the WTS made changes without any notice.

• etna
    etna

Farkel, that was hilarious. I was laughing out loud too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit