Is it my imagination or have the wording in WT publications been altered?

by artemis.design 21 Replies latest jw friends

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

HI there. I am fairly new on here. I grew up as a JW but never got baptised. I have distanced myself from JW teachings for at least 10 years.

Recently I was reading Dawkins "The God Delusion". When my JW Brother came to visit he saw what I was reading and I explained that I was questioning the existence of God. He asked if he could leave me the blue evolution/creation book. I had a read just out of curiosity.

Maybe it is just my memory, but it did not sound like the book I had read as a teenager. It looked the same and the pictures were the same, but it sounded different for some reason. Is it just my memory, or has some of it changed? Are JW's in a habit of rewording books?

The one that used to get me was the Revelation Book. Hysterical. I wouldn't mind having a read of that again just for a bit of light entertainment. Has this book been updated with "new light".

Note: I really need to get myself up top speed with all this new light business. I am 10 years out of date.

Cheers Arte

• steve2
    steve2

I don't have an answer to your question Arte, but it's interesting that you are reading Dawkin's The God Delusion. He quotes from the watchtower publication Life - How Did It Get Here? and has some compelling responses to that publication's assertions. I note that he frequently refers to it as from The Watchtower - but does not make a direct link to Jehovah's Witnesses.

• blondie
    blondie

There are 2 books

Life—How

DidItGetHere?ByEvolutionorbyCreation? (2006) (larger and lighter blue)

Life-- How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or By Creation? (SCEE)

IsThereaCreatorWhoCaresAboutYou? (1998) (smaller and darker blue old or paperback)

Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

The one first publised in 1984/1985

• Farkel
    Farkel

artemis,

:Note: I really need to get myself up top speed with all this new light business. I am 10 years out of date

I hope you can spare the time and effort it takes to do this. as it will involve a lot of hard work and reading for at least 15 to 30 minutes to catch up with everything. Tops!

Here's a little help:

The main doctrine is STILL "The GB Speaks For God(tm)" (all the other changes are just new bullshit to replace old bullshit)

"This Generation" is now not "This Generation" at all

You may take all blood fractions except water (which is forbidden) if you take them all separately, i.e.one-by-one, but only in moderation.

Yellow highlighters are not Theocratic. Pink highlighters are.

You may now count time if you say "Matthew 24:14" loudly while you are farting in the bathroom.

COs are still assholes.

POs are still mostly assholes.

People still throw away three times as much literature as they buy.

The WTS joined the UN, but then the UN disfellowshipped them when they found out the WTS hated the UN and only did it for the free helicopter rides, prestige and perks.

Everybody still gossips about everybody else.

The sisters still put out...until you marry them.

No member of the public still ever comes to a Public Talk, but at least the Public Talk is half as long so the public that never comes will now miss half as much as they would miss if they used to come, which they never did.

There is no longer home book studies in people's homes. Too much wife-swapping and not enough studying went on before the change.

The rank & file FDS has been reduced in rank to pond scum. Only the GB has spiritual rank any more.

The average age of GB members has not changed. It is still around 145 years.

The hourly quota for pioneers has been reduced to 23 minutes per month.

Most elders still wash windows and floors.

Those are the main changes.

Hope that helps.

Farkel

• wobble
    wobble

Slightly off topic, but in line with the title.

The really revealing word changes they have done, are where in original WT mags they have said something they are embarrased about, and Jeez they SHOULD be ashamed of nearly ALL of it,they have CHANGED what is said in the Bound Volumes !!! How dis-honest is that ?

Love

Wobble

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL@Farkel..

.................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Farkel, you crack me up!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Rev Climax had 70 updates about 3 years ago. Just before they rescheduled it to be studied for the third time.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/117685/1/September-KM-70-alterations-in-Revelation-Climax-Book

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Just before they rescheduled it to be studied for the third time.

IT WAS THE FOURTH TIME

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit