Asking for money at the hall.

by GapingMouth 33 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

probably made the local congregation deed the KH back to them.

Since the WTS has set up congregations as non-profit corporations, the congregations do not deed it to the WTS. If the congregation is dissolved, the property reverts back to the parent non-profit corporation, the WTS, but only in that case. Otherwise the congregations and the WTS would not qualify for not paying taxes....

Finished Mystery, p 55?

http://books.google.com/books?id=RxX1zF_Yp6IC&pg=PA55&lpg=PA55&dq=prohibit+collections+russell&source=bl&ots=cGPOdt6uYW&sig=dDmUDBZH1KCk0cjZz5GdA-KSmIA&hl=en&ei=9tyWSoO9DIrUM8HTwYkD&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#v=onepage&q=collections&f=false

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

Our hall was built for about 2 mill CDN. After a donation from a passed brother and a loan from the society, we were told how much we could donate a month and for how many months to equal a payment. We were told a few different tiers of donations as we had both very wealthy and quite poor brothers in our hall and then they left it at that so one could choose their donation. No promise needed to be made.

It was stated as: So the cost would be approx ___ to each publisher a month all in favor? All opposed?

Only once someone opposed and he was later shamed into feeling bad about it by a sister in the hall that felt it was her business to "tease/razz it our of him". She did and the brothers reason was a good one but he still felt bad for opposing.

That is why people don't put their hand up for opposed probably...

If the system above was done with no names on the slips just a "write a number put it in the box, nobody is looking" I can see that working (hey you need an idea of the income in the case you do rebuild..I guess its a sort of interest check if you will) and nobody can tell who it is unless someone is obsessed enough to compare it to field service reports..... if they do that and call someone on it...they really are out to lunch.

Really though, the society doesnt pay tax on any of those books they get donations for and when people die they leave a lot of money to them so they should have enough to run their own religion at least in regards to making new buildings. We had to clean them so carefully so they would last longer, you'd think they would invest in their people's faith building environment especially if thats how they get money back (by books and donations from people that are just there nevermind giving for building)

As for income, there is one hall in BC that makes several thousand a year via a cell tower on their lot. It has multiple providers renting at several thousand a year. It was okay because "It would have been in the neighborhood anyway, and we were the only people to take advantage of that opportunity". Wow I bet they are popular when they try to go door to door around the people that live by the hall!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

dont hand in the paper with the figure!

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Yes, the same thing happened in the cultfest hall I used to visit. They asked all publishers to write down a figure that would definitely be covered within 12 months.

Isn't the WTB$ a billion+ dollar publishing company? I think so. Spread the wealth Borg.

As most of you know, I'm an atheist, so to actually see people donating money to a fairy is quite laughable. If any of you want to donate money to the WTB$, please re-think your decision and instead, donate what you can to other, more meaningful charities, such as the WWF.

RAB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit