What do you do for canker sores?

by daniel-p 30 Replies latest social physical

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Because mine is hurting like a mofo here... it's at the back of my cheek, where my lower and upper jaw connect,and I can't close my teeth without chomping on it because its swollen out. My lymph glands under my neck hurt to the touch, the entire side of my head down to my shoulders hurt.

I've tried peroxide mouthwash, salt mouthwash, orajel (which help for about 30 seconds), and aspirin placed on it (which helps for about ten minutes). Today, at work, I put a bunch of salt directly on it which just stung like the dickens for about 10 minutes and now I'm back to square one with the ongoing pain. I'm drinking and swishing with acidophilous... but still nothing.

• DJK
    DJK

For lymph gland issues I think you need to see a doctor for antibiotics.

• nelly136
    nelly136

for a moment there i thought you were talking dogs ears

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphthous_ulcer gives a few suggestions from washes vitamins to doctors

i've used tee tree oil on achy teeth and mouth ulcers, smells a bit....nup a LOT like poo but it did some awesome numbing.

• littlerockguy
  • Quirky1
    Quirky1

Cank-Aid

• ninja
    ninja

I just don't visit the mother in law anymore

• villabolo
    villabolo

Tea Tree Oil.

villabolo

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Get some small chewable vitamin C tablets and let one dissolve on the sore using your saliva.

It will burn and sting like hell for a few, then go numb, it will also help the healing. One dose is all it should take to get on the mend.\

If it persists or causes other lymph nodes to swell then get to a doctor pronto.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The sore will go away after 14 days.

To treat the symptoms, ask your doctor or your dentist to write you a prescription for MABEX, which is a mixture of Maalox, Benadryl and Xylocaine 2% that the pharmacy will custom mix, according to the details of the prescription. You can swish it around in your mouth for 60 seconds and then spit it out. It provides almost instantaneous relief, as it numbs everything it touches. The relief lasts for almost an hour.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Food allergies caused me to have canker sores and rashes and cramps/diarrhœa that I was plagued with, pretty much since birth, until recent years.

I found it out by trying eliminating various foods for a week, and monitoring the differences.

So … I now (basically) never have soda pop, or chocolate bars, or citrus fruits, bananas, or peanuts, or nuts, or most dairy products, or chicken, or pork, or gluten, or berries.

I now go with a low-salt, low-sugar, low-fat diet.

I also find that eating pretty much the same thing each meal, and about 5 smaller meals every 3-5 hours helps my moods a lot.

I have 6 basic parts: bags of no-name Corn Flakes Cereal, no-name Crisp Rice Cereal, and Regular Cheerios lean beef (out of several days' worth cooked in just in water, no seasoning, on convected oven setting at 350): I squeeze the "juice" from the beef when it's finished cooling, and keep the beef in a big oval left-over plastic container in the freezer-part of my fridge; and keep the beef "juice" in a smaller upright plastic screw-top container in the regular part of the fridge, discarding the hardened lard after it's been in the fridge for like 24 hours, a veggie soup (several days worth in a good-sized crock pot contains 2 lbs. onions, 2 celery stalks, 1 can no-salt tomatoes, topped with a variety of frozen mixed veggies and a small package of okra, covered in water: about 4 hours on high heat): again, I scoop out the solids using a food net into 1 big oval plastic left-over container; and keep the veggie "juice" in a smaller basically-square-bottomed upright plastic container, a rice dish (about 2 days worth is made in a smaller crock pot: containing ½-cup gluten-free brown rice, ½-cup soy beans, ½-cup lentils, ½-cup pot/pearl barley, about 4½ cups water: automatic shut-off is about 45 minutes), bran muffins, and apple-based fruit cups.

Per regular meal, I have about 2 cups of mixed dry cereal, about 3-4 fingers worth of beef, and a proportionate amount of "beef juice"; a heaping small-ladle-worth of veggies, and a proportionate amout of "veggie juice"; a heapingsmall-ladle worth of the rice dish; and about 1/10 of a bran muffin: which all fits nicely in a medium-sized bowl (which would hold 4½-cups if it's just water), and covered with water. My first meal after waking up will have a fruit cup with it, generally to start the meal. Then every second meal after that will have a fruit cup to start it.

It's taken me several years of experimenting and trying tips from others to get to the food prep method (etc.) that I use now.

I don't know who all looks at a post like this, but if anything that I've mentioned here is interesting to you, I'd love to get a PM (since I don't want to hi-jack this Topic). After all, this procedure I've just outlined helps ME stay canker-free, generally speaking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit