Is this really what JWs use to "attract" people?

by losthusband 32 Replies latest jw friends

• losthusband
  • losthusband
    losthusband

Sorry,

Not sure what i did wrong but nothing appeared on my post!!

As some of you know, I am currently researching JWs to help me reason with my family about their "studies".

I came across the 2 videos below on you tube.

Are they really saying give up all your dreams/hopes to be a full-time JW?

What a depressing thought! Never able to enjoy the great things in life because the must attend "all the meetings" or devote all their time to the JWs.

Also what is with the crude daytime TV style of production - are all JW "productions" like this - do people accept this without any reference to the bible?

This is starting to get very frustrating!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz8t6RKP5MQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQLNGoJml_E

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

losthusband

you have a pm click on blue envelope on up - right side of the page next to your nickname

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Yes Losthusband, you are right.

JWs play succesfully with emotions, guilt fear, emotional blackmail ... like all mind controling cults...

They give you the feeling you became part of something very big, very important ... sharing same values with a big multinational group .... its very emotional...

When one gets to deep in this, its very very difficult to reason with him....

I was deeply in for 18 years, it took me several years and big effort to mentally get out ... now I must help my wife and protect my kids...

Albert

• steve2
    steve2

The evidence is mounting fast: JWs are blanding out in the same touchy-feely way as their cultic forebears, The Church of The Latter-Day Saints and the Seventh-Day Adventists. My, how the JWs have changed! A message especially directed at the children of witnesses and not one mention of how close we are to the end! Rutherford would be utterly angry at how reigned in the Watchtower's message has now become: Treacly endorsement of a blandly cosy lifestyle.

• losthusband
    losthusband

Thanks wantingtruth,

I hadn't noticed that!

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

What a sickening piece of vile propaganda Had i watched that when i was still in, i probably would have gotten out even sooner than i did!

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I did watch a few of them... the last one I watched may have worked if it wasn't the "JW's Stand Firm" DVD about the war in Germany... It's sick how they twisted the facts to suit their own agenda! To me that was very wronge!!!

This DVD may be the one to get them on (for NOT being the truth and flatout LYING about their real history).... May I sugest you do a search on the purple triangle on JWN- Iam certain this has been a thread topic before and more knowledgeble exJW's will have no doubt pointed out all the faults in this DVD for you to use as ammo!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Jehovah's Witnesses ... a generation of part-time painters, janitors, and window washers. Just doing their best and with no worries about retirement because the end will have already come.

Good luck to you, Brother Dumpster.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Ok- I have no idea how to post the link straight to it, but if you look in the "best of wts Hitler and the Holocaust" on JWN you will find more info then what was on the DVD, Hope this helps...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit