Grilled by the Watchtower - They asked about Ray Franz

by Amazing 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Knowledge is power.

The more light that is shined on child abuse, the more help it is.

Child abuse takes place only in secret, in dark and hidden places. It is shameful and embarassing. Offenders depend on denial and obfuscation.

Jehovah's Witnesses are not interested in protecting children. They are not interested in justice. They want silence. Anything that takes away from selling their magazines is irrelevent, irritating and a distraction. Distractions must be silenced. Victims who actually want justice are a threat and threats must be eliminated.

Look at Jehovah's Witnesses in this light, and their behavior, corporate, elder-level and otherwise makes sense.

Good job Amazing. You deserve all the kudos coming your way.

Be well,

Chris

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Amazing, this is amazing.

• sir82
    sir82

It's a bit surprising that the WTS is still so concerned about Ray Franz. It's closing in on 30 years since they booted him, and of the current GB only Jaracz & Barr were there at the time.

The other 7 current GB members were in their mid-20's to mid-40's then - perhaps "only" serving as COs or pioneers.

The JWs that the org. is losing most quickly are the under-30's - those not even born yet while Ray Franz was there.

So how much influence does the Society think that Ray Franz has? Of course his books are still influential, but for the most part, people leave the org. due to its lack of compassion and moose-headed policies. People usually don't read the books until they are well on their way out, or already out.

• undercover
    undercover

Good stuff.

Keep em comin'

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It makes sense they would stil lask about Ray, he was part of the GB, an annointed and his record as a JW is beyong approach.

His work on the Aid to bible understanding, later Insights into the scripture is still, mostly intact, with minor changes.

No matter what they may say, Ray KNOWS them and the inner workings and was there from the very "beginning".

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Interesting phishing expeditions by these lawyers. Can't wait to read more.

What I would love to see:

question: What was your purpose in meeting with Mr. Franz?

answer: to go for a donut

question: what kind of donut?

answer: ah, I don't recall, but let me check my notes...

Seriously, thank you, thank you, thank you for your fine fight in behalf of the children.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Amazing. I had no idea this had happened and appreciate the information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit