PRIVATE PROPERTY! KEEP OUT!

by highdose 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• highdose
    highdose

how many times have we all seen that sign in the minstry? also " no salesman" , " no harkers" etc

in my congo it was the policy to ignore these completly, the poor people who just wanted to be left alone never had a chance.

i on the otherhand used to use it as an exhuse to fast forward on to the next house and finish up the ministry quicker...

what was your experiance?

• JWoods
    JWoods

I was actually told that it just showed that these people had "closed their minds to the truth" and we could skip them over in good consience because they were essentially "killing themselves".

A famous urban legend had it that John Denver had a prominent "No Jehovah's Witnesses" sign in front of his Denver or Boulder mansion.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

In my area, a 'No Trespassing' sign will keep away the JWs.

• John Doe
    John Doe

The version I heard was that John Denver asked witnesses to leave at the beginning of every concert.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

The WTS wrote a letter to the congregations basically informing everyone that if they took a door with a no trespassing sign they could be prosecuted and that the WTS would not stand behind them (what a shock, right). They said to write letters, make phone calls, etc. I know a few folks that were fined for trespassing after disregarding a no trespassing sign. The WT legal department was called (this happened maybe 6 months before the letter came out) and the legal department said this pioneer was on his own!

• JWoods
    JWoods

Don't know if this species is still around, but we had several examples of the 50-something <<in your face and likes it that way>> type of single pioneer sister. Back in 1975, but to get it on type - the actress who played Maude in Golden Girls had the character part pretty well down.

Two of them I know collected the act of trying to talk to people behind a no trespassing sign as a sort of spiritual olympic medal. Especially beloved were shaming the visiting CO or his wife into going with them into one of these potential slap-down events.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

The rule changed depending on what CO we had at the time.

• chickpea
    chickpea

same story about the announcement
    if a JW ignored a posted sign meant to
    deter entrance to a property....

they were left swinging in the wind by mother

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I have the 'Beware of Gaurd Dog' sign on our front gate now- we live out on a farm that is classed as private property, so if my dog eats them, it's their own fault! even though my dog would more likely lick them to death- she is big and scary looking

Personally I never made it to the 'door to door' stage in my studies. TGFT

• brinjen
    brinjen

I was always one who, if I saw a sign along the lines of 'No Religious Callers', I'd turn around and not bother them. Did work with several "zealous" ones though who always argued "we're not religious callers".

On another topic...

The version I heard was that John Denver asked witnesses to leave at the beginning of every concert.

I actually knew a sister once who claimed she was at a John Denver concert and heard him ask for any JW's in the audience to raise their hands... then tell them to leave. Still wouldn't call it confirmed though as this sister wasn't always truthful about her claims.

Oz Radio Announcer John Laws used to announce over the radio (his program is aired nationally) about witnesses working certain suburbs. People would ring in and say they live in xyz area and they just got called on... he'd broadcast a warning on his show. That one I can vouch for as I've heard these warnings myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit