For those that say the Witnesses are NOT a HCG - High Control Group

by besty 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

More importantly, they do not like independent thinking or research, and will not tolerate it. Anyone with the Sept 2007 Kingdumb Misery insert can see what their view is on using independent sources to verify the accuracy of the Not Well Translated version of their Bible or their doctrine, or studying the Bible on its own. They "suggest" using only their own littera-trash as research sources.

If that is not the mark of a "high control group", I don't know what is.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

No doubt the resident troll does not consider regulating what goes on in the bedroom of married persons to be "high control", but it strikes me as such...

"Unnatural practices in connection with sex in marriage, such as oral and anal copulation, have caused some of God's people to become impure in his eyes. But The Watchtower kept above this morass of filth by alerting married couples to God's thinking on the matter." (WT 76 Feb 15 p.122-3)

Way to keep above the morass of filth, Watchtower. Yay, cults!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I think acknowleging a giver of a gift is great - they thought about you (no matter the cost of the gift) and why not say thank you - this is again usually for the bridal shower or perhaps a baby party.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Rules (of the dumbass meanlingless variety) vary so much among different groups of Witnesses. Moving around the country some, I was always surprised and sometimes irritated to be informed I was "doing it wrong" when I violated some silly little regional JW rule.

One congo we were in had a rule about identifying gift givers at baby and bridal showers, it was a no no. But, others I've belonged to had no such stipulations.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

We moved to another state for employment reasons. I was counseled by the elders at the new hall for not getting permission to move from the elders of the old hall.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Cicatrix, you just reminded me of a situation in my hall growing up. There was a couple with friends in a nearby hall (10 mins away) and they decided to attend there rather than at their 'designated' hall. They were brought before the elders at the new hall simply for attending and were told they would not be permitted to have any privileges in the new hall.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I think that the fascination the Governing Body shows with the private practices of marital (not to mention adolescent) sex speaks "HCG" about as strongly as Chairman Mao doing the re-education of his non-communistic scientific community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit