Scripturally, Is There Any Precedent For "Fading" & Still Not Being Totally Shunned?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

min, your modus operandi is the way to go if you're going to use the possibility of a change as a way to get a JW to think. In the end, when the rumor proved to be just that, no necks were exposed to be chopped.

But, if the rumor turned out to be true, you have the oppurtunity to create questions and doubts in the dubs you've already talked to.

It is good to be prepared...we just have to make sure we temper our expectations with a dose of skepticism...and reality.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    To do so would go contrary to the teaching of Jesus and the "searching for the lost sheep" and "the prodigal son"

To allow a person to die, by refusing to give them lifesaving medical (blood) treatment would "go contrary" to the teaching of Jesus.

“Who will be the man among YOU that has one sheep and, if this falls into a pit
    on the sabbath, will not get hold of it and lift it out? All considered, of how much
    more worth is a man
    than a sheep!" (Matthew 12:11, 12a)

But, it happens. There is little value in examining WT doctrine in light of Scripture, IMHO.

"The number one priority of ANY organization is self-preservation." -- Daniel M. Taylor, The Myth of Certainty

• minimus
    minimus

Remember the history of the Society. They implement things slowly. when you look back you see quite often how their plan was carried out.

• lockwood
    lockwood

Love throws fear outside. How much does it really matter what WT does or does not do? Fear gives them power. What they fear most is Love. Love will be their undoing.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Not sure whether this will become 'official' policy but if you have faded and you still have some contact e.g. you still have family in, then certainly there can be some pressure applied.

I had a 'shepherding' visit recently (I know I don't have to see them but it might make matters worse for my wife and I not to). I was asked the standard type questions; if I still believed in the faithful slave, God's spirit directed organization, that we are living in the time of the end, etc. You have to be very careful to skirt round these sort of questions else they could nail you.

• minimus
    minimus

Theocratic strategy allows you to lie to them.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I had a 'shepherding' visit recently (I know I don't have to see them but it might make matters worse for my wife and I not to). I was asked the standard type questions; if I still believed in the faithful slave, God's spirit directed organization, that we are living in the time of the end, etc. You have to be very careful to skirt round these sort of questions else they could nail you.

You were given Purity Test.

Telling the Truth = Judicial Committee

• undercover
    undercover

If you refuse to meet with them, they can't ask you questions that you would have to lie to answer. (Not that I have any qualms about lying to any WT representative)

We're all in different circumstances, so I don't fault you for how you went about it, eyeslice...but in my situation, I'm not meeting with anyone.

In the past two years I've had elders show up at my door twice on a Saturday morning. I kept them on the front porch and we talked about generic things. I did not allow anything JW/spiritual to be talked about. One elder hinted at it, but I made sure he understood that showing up unannounced was no way to win friends and influence people.

If they called ahead and asked to meet, I would decline. I'm in a good place. If I need their help, I'll be sure to call. I used a line similar to that one time.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I wish they WOULD show up at my door.

I would like to show them a little Aposta-Lovin!

• minimus
    minimus

UC, we're in the same place. I wouldn't meet with them because I do not have to account to them. Still, they could regard me as disassociating myself and act accordingly. What they could do, I have no control over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit