Can someone help me?

by losthusband 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

1. What sort of things are involved in a "bible study" for a 10/11 year old

Basic bible understandings are taught for that age group.

2. What is the attraction for a 17 year old girl to start "studying" and going to meetings....am I missing something?

A Christian way of life is a good one to pursue. It prevents teens from engaging in practices that are harmful for people of that age. For instance many teens are involved in raves which makes drugs easy to obtain. Also many in that age group are very involved with sexual promiscuity. This is harmful for someone of that age if they are not prepared to be involved in a relationship. Many teen boys are very high in sexual activity, and will prey on females for their self gratification. Look at what other options she has for association. Are they wholesome and uplifting, or do they create many problems for the family? Be wise as a parent and encourage good clean association.

3. What are the first steps for telling your partner they are nuts for wanting anything to do with the JWs?

Look at the alternatives as pointed out to you already. Which is better in your own personal opinon? However not all teaching of the JW faith are true and accurate so take them with a grain of salt. Some of their teachings are confusing and make no sense to the average reader. However what I learned from my studies with them did point me in the right direction. One main teaching you should adapt is anything that has to do with giving up your life in sacrifice. Teachings such as not allowing blood transfusions in order to better your heath or even save your life should never be acknowledged. You can message me directly is you want any further information.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I would recommend anyone studying with witnesses or about to study to read the old publications and research the dates initially taught by Charles Russell and why the dates changes. The initial question that should be asked is was Watch Tower organization used by God from the start to which all JWs will say "yes". So the ones studying are not totally under the WT control yet so they most likely will have an oppertunity to look at the history without being swayed to the view of the watchtower. If Russell had all these things wrong how could he have been led by God? If they still need more assurance that WT is a decietful religion go to Rutherford's actions.

1. When witnesses study with people they use books as an outline and strictly follow the outline in the publication thus the history is ignored. In fact most witnesses don't know their own accurate history! If one believes in God and thinks of oneself as a Christian there will be many good points that one learns from the publications on morality and some aspects of bible history.

2. If a teenager want to go to the meetings, it may be an interest in spiritual things as some people have that interest. They like what they hear even if some things they hear are a deception. They may like the idea that Christ returned in 1914 and to them obviously the end must be very near as world morality is not what it use to be and it's a nice picture to live in peradise where you dno't have to work hard or at least as many watchtowers say the people will only work at what they enjoy and everything will be provided and in a brotherhood of men who will only help each other. As this picture may be nice it's unrealistic, which doens't have any basis for from the bible and it's a deception to sucker one in. That may be one reason why a teenager wants to go to the meetings the other reasons maybe a boy/girl that the teen has a crush on.

3. If you care don't tell them they're nuts as this will be one of the things watch tower tells it's people to look out for as a sign of the devil trying to test them, persecute them. The more "persecution" one undergoes the stronger the devil wants that person to leave Jehovah. They will use Job as an example of being tested by the devil. As an outsider it's hard to reason with those studying without knowing the WT history as much of what JWs say makes sense to unsuspected spiritual inclined people.

The main problem is that once you're in, and make friends and/or have your family in, it's very hard to leave. You cannot reason for yourself and if you have doubts you are told to wait on God or it's just Satan at work trying to weaken your faith. When you're getting in, you're to leave your present friends behind as they're bad association, you're to make new friends who are "true friends" which are obviously only JWs. You get love bombarded every time you go to the meetings and will get invited to social gatherings and you're encouraged to make friends. If you're in (baptized) and start to question anything you will loose it all - friends, family and will have to be forced to start all over. Not too bad if one was a watch tower follower for a short period of time but many realize this deception after 10, 20 or more years where that's all they knew and all their friends were witnesses.

As for some people like Reniaa, you will notice their deception very much like the deception of the Watch Tower where they white wash over evil done by Watch Tower. These sorts of individuals may work for Watch Tower in fighting the anti-watch tower movement. Personally, like many others I feel sorry of many witnesses and have not much bad to say about individual followers but as for the organization and the leaders I have totally no use as it is a deceptive, power hungry religion much as Catholic Church was in the middle ages.

• parakeet
    parakeet

What sort of things are involved in a "bible study" for a 10/11 year old?

Dubs (Jehovah's Witnesses) have books specially written for children. An adult dub (possibly accompanied by a child dub) will read from these books and have your child "answer" questions that are contained within the book. No discussion is allowed. Consider it indoctrination for minors.

What is the attraction for a 17 year old girl to start "studying" and going to meetings....am I missing something?

I would guess a boyfriend or potential boyfriend may be the draw. The meetings themselves are stunningly boring. No normal teenager would willingly go to them.

What are the first steps for telling your partner they are nuts for wanting anything to do with the JWs?

Strike hard and strike fast. Jehovah's Witnesses is a cult, and they are engaged in a very deliberate process of detaching your family from you, if not physically (though they'd like that, too), then emotionally and spiritually. If you are the dominant partner in your relationship, try hard to persuade her from having anything at all to do with dubs. There's no such thing as a little involvement. They won't be satisfied until they have your family's loyalty and you left out in the cold.

If the children are yours (not stepchildren, which limits your rights), immediately forbid them to have anything to do with dubs, even socially. Dubs teach that wives must be "submissive" to their husbands, so she may not like the idea, but dub doctrine requires that she go along with your wishes.

Keep researching the cult. You'll find plenty on this site and elsewhere that describes the traumatic effects of this kind of mind-control. Most of us here have been through it. Believe me when I tell you it's a terrible thing to inflict on children.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Ok, there are many reason why not to associate with the JW's. However, provide this man with an alternative. I ask, how many organized religious groups if you choose to call them that, teach everlasting life upon the planet earth in paradise? None that I am aware of and this is one main teaching of the faith that stands above the rest. They are also filled with people that show genuine love for one another. The avoid mens wars as Jesus Christ commanded and do not acknowledge "worldy" governments above GODS Kingdom. These are many beliefs that raise them above any others. Therefore The Almighty GOD has raised them above all other beliefs in praise because they have sayings of everlasting life like Jesus Christ taught. However their teachings are not altogether true and accurate as was mentioned prior.

This is the righteous alternative. The parents must first conform their life to that of a Christian and teach their children, by example, how they should pursue their life as required by GOD. This means the parents do not engage in that which GOD condemns and live a clean and spiritual life. One cannot be a hyprocrite when raising a child or their traching hold no weight. What other religions can provide good association for your child. If you find one that is trustworthy and set a good example, by all means associate yourselves with this group.

The teachings of the W.T.S. are "close" and it is TRUE we are in the last days and The Kingdom of GOD is taking over as we speak. I have been in anticipation of this to occur and hope that it occurs this year.

• glenster
    glenster

3. What are the first steps for telling your partner they are nuts for wanting
    anything to do with the JWs?

You can probably find a lot for that in what I have on the JWs leaders at the
    next link:
    http://gtw6437.tripod.com/

I'm not anti-JWs followers, either. I like the JWs I met, and I don't like
    people that get so 'centric about their belief or non-belief group that they
    won't be friends with anyone outside their group. Something like the way Peter Popoff or
    the JWs leaders create a phony exclusiveness and people can get hurt or die over
    it, that's different. As Teller once said about Popoff's followers, if you
    think he's victimizing them, why would you want to victimize them, too?

• parakeet
    parakeet

Son of Man: Ok, there are many reason why not to associate with the JW's. However, provide this man with an alternative. I ask, how many organized religious groups if you choose to call them that, teach everlasting life upon the planet earth in paradise? None that I am aware of.....

I don't know if you were addressing me specifically, SOM, but I don't see the need to provide losthusband with "alternatives." Alternatives to what? Mind-control cults? How about non-involvement with a mind-control cult as an alternative? Get the hell out of the burning house before you decide where you're going to live next. Losthusband needs advice about getting his family away from the dubs, not about getting them into something else.

Losthusband, if you need any further reasons for the need to keep your family away from Jehovah's Witnesses, just reread SOM's posts and see the damage they've inflicted on his ability to reason.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, losthusband.

I agree with the others who tell you to provide your children with alternatives. If this is the only religion they've researched, why not visit other churches? At least do some research on this forum and at Freeminds (I don't know the complete website-maybe someone can help) and find out the history behind Jehovah's Witnesses and all their teachings (current and former--it changes) so that you will be informed and can inform your children.

Yes, they do seem attractive. Everyone is nice, and you get a feeling of belonging.

For a teen, they need to know that should they get baptised but then make a mistake, they could possibly be shunned by everyone they count as friends. By this I mean that NO one will speak to them--not even hello. This can be devastating to a young person, and cause them to feel tremendous rejection at a time when they need help the most.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Son of Man,

I think your advice is sound and reasonable, but I think you "jumped the shark" when you end your very reasonable advice with the comment that you are anticipating God's Kingdom to take over this year. Maybe you meant it in a manner other than how it sounded, but it did "smack" a bit of something you would hear from the WTBS and looking to a date rather than waiting on God. I hope I misunderstood and your observations can be credible and useful for our concerned dad.

TYA

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

I think I remember the group ten years after. I had a friend that followed their music.

Son of Man,

I think your advice is sound and reasonable, but I think you "jumped the shark" when you end your very reasonable advice with the comment that you are anticipating God's Kingdom to take over this year. Maybe you meant it in a manner other than how it sounded, but it did "smack" a bit of something you would hear from the WTBS and looking to a date rather than waiting on God. I hope I misunderstood and your observations can be credible and useful for our concerned dad.

TYA

No I actually meant it the way it was written. Allow me to post a scripture as to the time period we are in.

9 “Here is where the intelligence that has wisdom comes in: The seven heads mean seven mountains, where the woman sits on top. 10 And there are seven kings: five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet arrived, but when he does arrive he must remain a short while. 11 And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also itself an eighth [king], but springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction.

12 “And the ten horns that you saw mean ten kings, who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings one hour with the wild beast. 13 These have one thought, and so they give their power and authority to the wild beast. 14 These will battle with the Lamb, but, because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those called and chosen and faithful with him [will do so].”

The wild beastis a nation or nations at war. Nations that war are always noted as beasts in the bible. The eighth king that sprung from the first meant that is served two (2) terms. It went off into destruction when it was removed from office. This is the beast described in Revelations Chapter 13 which misled the nations into war. Can you guess which nation(s) did this? The beast as in the nations still at war in the holy land act with the new leader for one hour which is a period of time not known by me. So we are in the final hour so to speak.

So I am not certain what has to occur right before Jesus Christ comes in the clouds with all of his angels. This is too much to relay to someone looking into following the scripture so I did not relay something so complex.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

SOM:

One doesn't need to be inprisoned by religion to seek out spirituality. As I see it, all religions have a leader on top telling the followers what to believe and that's no different with WTS. Many religions would like to control their people and some are more liberal than others and some just gave into the pressure of the world around them, WTS hasn't at this point. Problem with WTS and other high control groups is that they aren't perfect and by them denying people within their ranks freedom to hold free ideas from being labeled or being cust out they display cult like characteristics. In Christian faith it may be one thing to reject Jesus and thus be labeled anti-Christ or an apostate but it's totally another thing when someone rejects 1914 and similar nonsense made up by individual(s). That is cult mentality and no one should be subjected to that!

Now, God has not raised WTS for there is no proof of any sort that God has anything to do with them nor anyone else at this point in time. WTS speaking of everlasting life is a deception and a gimmick to get people in, whether they are self delusional as Ray Franz calls them victims of concept or more likely power hungry leaders who care for themselves more than anyone else. You unfortunately can't seem to distiguish what the bible says from what WTSs speaks when it comes to last days and return of Christ. You and many others have been in anticipation of the end occurring any day since 1874. When and if the last days do start as per Revelations you WILL know it and not because some WTS leader tells you so. However good it may be to have JW type friends, it's an illusion of friendship comparable to Satan being an angel of light. You can only be a friend if you belief the crap coming down from Brooklyn! It's a deception! Outwardly appearance of goodness with evil hidden within. Like poinson in a cool refreshing glass of water - who wants to drink of that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit