Ending the Disfellowshipping Arrangement?

by sammielee24 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

One thing the WTS is rumored to be considering is tackling (umm dumping) more of their past.....(Ratherfailure, Franz, TED)

In doing so it gives the GB grounds to paint DAd and DFd who are not coming back as being stumbled. The faithful R&F then sees them as someone to be pitied, lost and stumbled rather then opposers.

If the GB removes the points of the ExJW (doubt they will be able to remove all) by adjusting 'light' then it takes some wind out of the sails.

The WTS just can't survive as a business by continuing their hateful stances against an ever growing population of ExJWs and governments questioning human rights violations, time to switch up tactics

• cantleave
    cantleave

Noy heard of this --- yet.

Remember the announcement for DA and DF is the same so and so is no longer a JW. Therefore it Daing is determined by the Elders none of the R&F will know. As always if you confess and are repentant you are reproved, not DF'd so if someone grovells enough and goes back to nodding dog mode nothing will change. It could be an issue for someone like me who is fading.

• chickpea
    chickpea

is there any other faith group that would
    take these measures against its members?

i ask, because i recently had a discussion
    (in which i denounced the CCJW as a cult)
    with a woman in a lutheran synod who remains
    a registered member of a parish but only
    attends weddings and funerals there.....
    no sunday services, no xmas, nada! and yet
    she is not villified by the congregation......

the JWs the only ones with a policy
    to announce, in public, the names of slackers?

• flipper
    flipper

SAMMIELEE'S WIFE- I see this as legal terminology mumbo jumbo in which the WT society is trying to get away from legal wording which would implicate THEM in any unjust shunning lawsuits. If there was an appeal JC involving a questionable disfellowshipping which was bordering on slander and the DFing victim threatened the WT society with a lawsuit - it would be much easier for the WT society to insinuate that the person had " dissassociated " themselves - as opposed to being " disfellowshipped " or kicked out by the WT society.

The WT society has become so legalistic in protecting it's interests - to them - terminologies and words and phrasing of legal terms mean EVERYTHING - especially when you are trying to save prospective $$$$$$ when already millions have been paid out in lawsuits to child abuse victims . They are just trying to close the door on more prospective lawsuits due to their irresponsible word usage.

Also - I don't think they will go to the point in going after faded inactive ones to the extent of saying they have " dissassociated" over the platform. It would implicate even too many GB members families. And there are so many faders out there that the TOTAL number of witnesses worldwide would drop from 7 million to about 5 million ! LOL! The WT society is too arrogant and conceited to shoot itself in the foot THAT MUCH to eliminate possible numbers and statistics being tallied in their worldwide " counts " they broadcast to all the rank and file. Anyway- What would it look like to the developing countries - if they announced that thousands of inactive ones dissassociated in United States ? Remember- The GB and WT society are ALL ABOUT appearance. They don't want to look THAT bad

• cattails
    cattails

BTW ..... it was Iloowy who made those statements in Sammie's quote here on JWN !!!!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/168468/1/DFing-and-DAing-procedural-change-in-the-horizon

I miss Iloowy's postings on JWN

Bless you, big kudos for you Yknot!

Thanks for finding the original post. Illoowy is active in other forums.

I think if you ask about Illoowy in JWN you get in trouble and people

tend to say abusive things to anyone that asks here. Why don't Simon

and the mods give a reprieve to people... do they expect some repentance

or something before people get back on JWN?

There's a lot of people gone. I miss Bonafide on JWN too for example!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

bonafide was kicked off?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

So basically they are looking for ways to kick people out with less accountability and legal risk. They are searching for ways that the elders can be even more gutless cowards with no balls than they already are.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think if you ask about Illoowy in JWN you get in trouble and people

tend to say abusive things to anyone that asks here. Why don't Simon

and the mods give a reprieve to people... do they expect some repentance

or something before people get back on JWN?

There's a lot of people gone. I miss Bonafide on JWN too for example!

Read the Frigg`in membership!!

Both Illowy and Bonafide still have accounts..

Whether they choose to post or not,is up to them..

If they can`t get on the board,they should E-Mail Simon..

Even "Mouthy" had a hard time getting home..

Simon sorted that out..

Jeezus H. Christ on a Cracker!!!!

.................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

One thing the WTS is rumored to be considering is tackling (umm dumping) more of their past.....(Ratherfailure, Franz, TED)

In doing so it gives the GB grounds to paint DAd and DFd who are not coming back as being stumbled. The faithful R&F then sees them as someone to be pitied, lost and stumbled rather then opposers.

If the GB removes the points of the ExJW (doubt they will be able to remove all) by adjusting 'light' then it takes some wind out of the sails.

The WTS just can't survive as a business by continuing their hateful stances against an ever growing population of ExJWs and governments questioning human rights violations, time to switch up tactics

ynot I hope this happens. There are signs they are heading that way.

My daughter got stopped in the street by 2 pioneer elders last week. An xjw had reported "enlightening" info to one of the elders and now they wanted to do a shepherding visit. My daughter replied that she had always said to elder to A that he and his wife were welcome to visit anytime. But the elder said that because of the info they'd received they both wanted to to visit together. Anyway they kept questioning and pressuring her so that she felt thoroughly intimidated.

When my husband found out he sent the PO a text message to say that this behaviour was unacceptable. I also telephoned one of the elders and told him I would sue them individually, however he insisted "but, but we need to do a shepherding visit". I ended the call. This was only a very brief exchange. By the end of the day I was told nothing further would be done the situation was handled badly by the 2 elders and the whole matter would be contained. I attended the meeting that evening to support my hubby as he had a talk. Everyone was very welcoming. The 2 elders did not say a word to me and kept their distance which was fine. My commenting privileges were still in place.

Imo no one should put up with this sort of behaviour from elders even if there there is a case that needs a reply.

I think I have a very strong case because both these elders are pioneers and they are frequently in our area. Imo if they indulge in this sort of WTS induced behaviour I'm certain we could make a case regarding civic freedom or something like that not to mention all the other pedophile "protection" activities going on in the congo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit