Lurkers and Jehovah's Witnesses- The WT Lied to you about " Generation "

by flipper 101 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I know this has been re-hashed many times here. In great detail with quotes from former Watchtower articles, etc. I'm going to cut to the chase and just make this brief and direct. ALL of us ex-witnesses, current witnesses, and any sitting on the fence as lurkers were lied to about the definition of " generation ". The Oxford Complete Wordfinder Dictionary states under " generation " - " All the people born AT A PARTICULAR TIME , regarded collectively. The average time in which children are ready to take the place of their parents - usually figured at about 30 years. "

If you research Wikipedia you will find the Millerites predicted the end of the world in 1844. C.T. Russell initially thought 1874, then predicted 1914. When THAT didn't happen as he expected the Bible Students changed their interpretation and further as Jehovah's witnesses saying a " generation " was about 70 to 80 years" - or a lifetime of a person. That those who were born in this generation of 1914 would be living to see the end of this system of things. 1914 was almost 96 years ago now. You have been lied to and deceived. The definition of generation is 30, maybe 40 years tops.

Even more recently in April of 2008 - the Watchtower changed their definition of " generation " to being an " indetermined amount of time. No set time. " So doesn't it appear that the WT society is trying to change their definitions and views based on the FACT that their former interpretations have been proved false by not coming true ?

I was raised in the witnesses from birth in 1959 until I exited in 2003 at age 44. I was told in 1975 I would NOT have to raise children in this " wicked system of things " but raise them in a paradise. I am now almost 50 years old - and have a son 24, and two daughters aged 22 and 21. We were all lied to and deceived.

So what are you going to do about it ? Please move on from this mind control cult. Go live your life. Don't waste another second on false promises and illusions. Your life in the here and now is much more valuable than you are being told it is by the WT society. NOW is the time to go find happiness in THIS life. There is no PARADISE, there is no FUTURE better life. Your life is made better by seizing the moment now. There will be no tomorrows " better new system ". Please listen. I 'm not lying to you. I care because I was deceived too . I wish you nothing but happiness, peace , and prosperity- ALL of you. As always I look forward to your responses

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my body is trapped in this cult, but my mind is free, that's what matters.

thanks flipper

I was told the same thing when I studied the blue truth book. i remember vividly the illustration with the book and the arrow starting in 1914 and ending shortly after!

my mom was told she would never die!

her mind is 75% free, she still has fear of the judgement day

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

So what are you going to do about it ? Please move on from this mind control cult. Go live your life. Don't waste another second on false promises and illusions. Your life in the here and now is much more valuable than you are being told it is by the WT society. NOW is the time to go find happiness in THIS life. There is no PARADISE, there is no FUTURE better life. Your life is made better by seizing the moment now. There will be no tomorrows " better new system ". Please listen. I 'm not lying to you. I care because I was deceived too . I wish you nothing but happiness, peace , and prosperity- ALL of you. As always I look forward to your responses. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

It makes no difference as to which belief or religion you choose to follow, what Jesus Christ said will come to pass as written. So find happiness in thsi life you say. It is possible for people to be content in this "short" life span and some do find happiness. Despite this, all will come to pass as written.

A generation is "Forty-Two (42)" years. There are "Ninety (90)" generatiions from Abraham until the year 2016. There are "Fourteen (14)" generation from the exile to Babylon until Jesus Christ if calculate from the years 588 B.C.E.. This coincides with the year history teaches that this did occur, or around 587-588 B.C.E.(14 generations at 42 years = 588 years)

17 All the generations, then, from Abraham until David were fourteen generations, and from David until the deportation to Babylon fourteen generations, and from the deportation to Babylon until the Christ fourteen generations.

And even more so, I am the faithful steward, the wise servant, the faithful and discreet slave, whichever title you choose and from whichever translation you choose. I am the one wriiten about that will makes their appearance now in these last days. I have posted here for many years and give testimony that these days will be "Cut Short" on account of the "Chosen Ones" of which I am........therefore keep an eye out for all that will occur according to what is written. Or if you choose just relax and live your life accordingly.

Either way, "ALL THAT IS WRITTEN IN THE HOLY BIBLE WILL COME TO PASS" Amen.......

the faithful slave, out of the tribe of Levi.......

• flipper
    flipper

DA CHEECH- I hear you my friend. I'm glad your mind is free at least- that's a good thing. To me it is a criminal offense to tell people they will never die- and then NOT deliver on that promise. My parents are 84 and 82 - been in the witnesses since 1951- 58 years ! I get so angry at the WT society when I think about them getting a few years from death- yet they still hang onto their hopes. I don't blame THEM - they were lied to - I blame the leaders of the WT society for false promises.

It's one reason I get so upset when seeing the theme for this years District Convention " Keep on the Watch ". All this is , is just a ploy by the WT society to inflame in it's members the alleged " urgency of the times " so as not to lose any more members. So let's give them false promises to whip up a frenzy in them. It's criminal

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

As Jah reveals new light then we are directed and informed.I guess faith has alot to do with it though and yes i empathise that years ago sadly many brothers would take things out of context and drill it into their children that they wouldnt bring children up in this system etc but thats them who misinformed and took the information and handled it wrong,not Jehovah.Jehovah always lovingly directs us,he never wants any of us to be hurt and he truly is more sad than i am to see how so many people have been affected in the truth and fell away due to parents or elders being far too strict and being overboard.

Dont leave Jehovah because of men......because then i lose wonderful brothers too and i love you all.x

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

As Jah reveals new light then we are directed and informed.I guess faith has alot to do with it though and yes i empathise that years ago sadly many brothers would take things out of context and drill it into their children that they wouldnt bring children up in this system etc but thats them who misinformed and took the information and handled it wrong,not Jehovah.Jehovah always lovingly directs us,he never wants any of us to be hurt and he truly is more sad than i am to see how so many people have been affected in the truth and fell away due to parents or elders being far too strict and being overboard.

Dont leave Jehovah because of men......because then i lose wonderful brothers too

This person is praiseworthy. It is not GOD that mislead you it was humans. I have seen so many on this forum whom were JW's at one point. I cannot believe how a person cam make such a drastic change from trying to be "clean" ans no part of this world, to what they reveal about themselves by what they post. Everyone that has fled to teachings of the W.T.S. still have it in their own power to pursue their faith. Why would a person give up their faith on account of anothers false teachings? Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Therefore keep your heart clean and free from the wicked influences of this world.......

the slave

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

i totally agree.....Never leave Jah for what man has done.

Jehovah never ever changes...xxxxxxxxx

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Just noticed you said im praiseworthy,thankyou but im just a lover of Jah like you my dear bro.x

Micah 4v5

• flipper
    flipper

SON of MAN- You say that Jesus prophecies will come to pass no matter what religion you or I follow. O.K. Suppose you are right. Still - You have to acknowledge that when J.F. Rutherford - then president of the WT society announced that " millions now living will never die" - that it was false ! A lie for sure. All those people living then are DEAD. So We ARE NOT in the time of " the end". It has NOT happened - yet- so all the chronology you want to post here does you no good. It's futile. IF Jesus words come true - apparently it's meant to happen some time in the distant future- because it hasn't come yet !

ANGEL EYES- It wasn't just " brothers " or " parents " who took things out of context. It was the ENTIRE WT organization- starting at the top !

I agree with your point - " Jehovah lovingly directs us- He never wants any of us to be hurt " - I'll give you that much. But the WT society DOESN'T CARE if you or I get hurt ! THAT'S the point I'm trying to make here. They claim to be " Jehovah's organization " but the fact they have lied to their followers about Bible chronology and the interpretation of " generation " shows the WT society has ulterior motives in keeping you and others " hooked into " their system of thinking. You are taught to have blind faith without researching for yourself to see if what they tell you is true or not. It's called credulity. People are dead now and have died without their hopes of never dying or getting everlasting life - like Rutherford and the others promised ! That doesn't bother you ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• villabolo
    villabolo

Angel eyes: I was there during the 1975 fiasco and I can tell you that I witnessed Frederick Franz, vice president of the governing body, give a talk in 1974 about the end being within months or years. Nothing has been taken out of context about 1914 either it's in their literature although I realize, especially if you're young or have been in the JWs for less than 25 or more years, that you may have limited access to that literature.

Like many JWs, which I presume you are, you are indulging in the switch and bait of "Jehovah" and his alleged "Organization". That way the Organization can act like a god while pretending to be his "faithful slave".

villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit