The Son in two persons

by Deputy Dog 332 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Sarah and welcome!

What happened to Jesus' body? Contrary to the WT myth He has a physical one since His resurrection, Thomas touched it, like many others.

39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."

What are the Jews going to "look upon" when Christ returns?

Zechariah 12:10 (New International Version)

Mourning for the One They Pierced

10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Revelation 1:7 (New International Version)

7 Look, he is coming with the clouds,
    and every eye will see him,
    even those who pierced him;
    and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

The WT do not have a single verse to support what they teach happened to Jesus' body, i.e. "it vaporised"! They use this as their "proof text".

1 Corinthians 15:50 (New International Version)

50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

However, Jesus said he was not just spirit but "flesh and bones".

A similar question, what happened to the body of Enoch?

Genesis 5:24 (New International Version)

24 Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

Hebrews 11:5 (New International Version)

5 By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.

Enoch is with the long list of those who lived by faith in Hebrews 11 in heaven.

Christ lives on forever and His body did not see decay Psalm 16:10 Psalm 49:9 Acts 2:27 Acts 2:31

Acts 13:34-37 (New International Version)

34 The fact that God raised him from the dead, never to decay, is stated in these words:
    " 'I will give you the holy and sure blessings promised to David.' 35 So it is stated elsewhere:
    " 'You will not let your Holy One see decay.'

36 "For when David had served God's purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his fathers and his body decayed. 37 But the one whom God raised from the dead did not see decay.

Hope that helps. All the best, Stephen

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

sarahle

now can you show this to me biblically? because biblically God's son came down to earth became man died and got resurrected back and was still himself only not a man. it doesn't really go into details and so do we need the details?

After 17 pages it hard to believe you missed this. This is not my position, it's the WT's. So maybe you could send them a letter and ask them.

...The way I see it is the best we can say is jesus used to be made of 'spirit stuff' then he was reborn into 'flesh stuff' and now he is once again 'spirit stuff'
    flesh is flesh. spirit is spirit.

If this is the way you see it. Here is my question. In John Chapter 6, verse 51 Jesus says: "I am the living bread which came down from heaven". If Jesus was just a man as you say, What came down from heaven?

• designs
    designs

Jesus is 5'6" tall and flying around heaven...eeer walking...eeer

ya gotta love the superstitious crowd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit