we are truly in the last days of this wicked system

by knows better 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

You guys make me laugh.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, people are living longer and more anointed are partaking every year at the Memorial!!

These truly are the last days...

They last... and last... and last.

• White Dove
    White Dove

B the X,

I'm trying to eat here! I spewed bread crumbs at your post

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

that leaves more time for the separating work, gee surely billions will see the great day of our loving God Jee Hoobah destroy so many!

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

The annointed growing in number, I was told that was because some who had the heavenly hope had obviously left the truth, thus their spot was given to someone else. What are your thoughts on that?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

These people thought they were going to heaven. There were 39 of them including their leader. They were so confident that they took an overdose of phenobarbitol to speed them on their way.

Why would I think they were any less likely to be going to heaven than a member of the cult I just happened to be born into?

Is it possible that the 'annointed' of both groups are just gullible, misguided victims of mind control?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

See JWFacts for anointed statistics.

According to the rhetoric I have been subjected to, their numbers should be dropping, but it hasn't happened, in fact, they are rising.

There are not many explanations for this that include Holy Spirit directing the Watchtower.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

WTL, the teaching on the anointed has changed. They used to say that Jehovah chose all the anointed by 1935 then moved on to the great crowd. Now they teach that slots for the anointed were not filled up at that time. Jehovah left space open so that there could be more anointed. Which means that the number of anointed on earth is no longer a indication of how much time the system has left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit