Tell a minister why the Bible alone is not enough to reach jw

by carla 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

yeah, like rain, right DD? That's because we're talking "what" came down, not "who".

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

OK Spike

Who came down?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If I remember YOUR context, DD, it would be Jesus. I just forget which scripture that was. In general, though, Jehovah has come down physically several times (such as to Adam, Eve, and the Serpent in the garden of Eden; and again in the company of 2 angels, with Abraham), but by the time of Moses, only His "glory" could be seen, perhaps because mankind was too "imperfect" by then. Various angels have also come down, if the record is to be complete regarding the "who" that came down. It would appear, at least to ones like me (from Revelation 21), that Jehovah, Jesus Christ, and the 144,000 may also come down. It just depends whether it turns out to be literal or just figurative.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

So what heavenly part of Jesus came down to give eternal life? In John 6

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

DD, I understand that "feeding on Jesus' flesh and drinking his blood" (John 6:54) is talking about living as Christ taught us to live and accepting his ransom sacrifice on our behalf. It fits with John 17:3.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Spike

That doesn't answer the question.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

It does to me. It requires spiritual discernment, in my honest opinion. Which is why the Bible alone is NOT enough to reach a true Jw.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Spike You have a bigger mystery than one God in three persons. You have one son in two persons Michael/Jesus

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

actually no: one Son in one person, just several offices, some heavenly, some earthy. Just like Mr. Ratzinger became Cardinal Ratzinger and then Pope Benedict XVI, so Michael became Jesus and then Jesus Christ.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Reniaa: You know the bible is the only way to reach a true JW it's what convinced us in the first place. there are some beautiful scriptures in the bible.

You're so right, Reniaa. Here's one of my favorite beautiful Bible verses:

"This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit