Tell a minister why the Bible alone is not enough to reach jw

by carla 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

How could the bible be enough to use on a JW when they have been indoctrinated to believe that "Jehovah" is there in the NT 237 times? It's because they don't believe in the bible, they believe in the Governing Body's interpretation/spin of it.

If one chooses to believe in the GB, in spite of their history regarding failed prophecies and whip lash doctrinal changes, be my guest. Some people belong in cults. But its precisely why JW's are a cult that it is impossible to reason with them in general.

We are all responsible for who we put trust in. A JW, after being shown the evidence, if they continue to believe that the Governing Body is inspired, will no doubt do so. To that I say, it is sad. Very sad that a cult can so powerfully indoctrinate a person against real evidence, and real history.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AGREED BLONDIE,

ANY WAY YOU SAY IT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS- UNLESS THE PERSON'S TRUST CAN BE MOVED FROM THE ORG LEADERSHIP, YOU WILL NOT GET VERY FAR WITH A JW REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU SHOW THEM. IT IS LIKE LOPPING AWAY AT TREE BRANCHES- THE STUMP (FAITH IN THE GB) IS STILL IN PLACE. ALL THE BELEIFS LIVE OR DIE ON THE FAITH IN TH GB. IF THE FAITH IN THE GB IS MOVED THEN ONE CAN BEGIN TO (IF THEY CHOOSE TO0 REEVALUTE DOCTRINE WITH A FREE MIND. IF THE TRUST IS THERE THE JW WILL REASON THAT (EVEN IF THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT) THAT THEY TRUST THE SOURCE TELLLING THEM WHAT THEY TELL THEM SO EVEN IF THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT THE SOURCE TELLING THEM KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE SPEAKING OF.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Satan is walking around like a roaring lion seeking to devour them. He is using you.

You are trying to tickle their ears. They know that scripture too. They are all warnings about you with your Bible and they are NOT going to be fooled.

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

• wobble
    wobble

The mind control exercised by the cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses is so strong that to reason with them on the scriptures is not an option,especially in the early stages of contact.

I say this respectfully,because I was such a person a few years ago. (58 years a JW)

A big eye-opener for many has been if you can persuade them to examine the early history and teachings of the movement,something the present day GB discourages vehemently. Such research needs to be in media with no input from the WT apart from bona-fide quotes from their published material, the internet is the easiest resource,but of course this has been demonised by the GB.

Point out that "The Truth" has nothing to fear from the lie, so such research should re-affirm their belief in "The Truth".

Love

Wobble

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Wobble, You are right, the examination of the early history of the org is really the most effective eye opener IF YOU CAN GET THE JW TO DO IT. But even then, if the JW is unwilling to understand and accept its relevance it will be an exercise in futility. The GB uses fear/guilt to try to prevent its members from doing this step.

So the faith/worship/allegiance to the GB is guarded by a fence of fear/guilt.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Dear Pastor As you can see by the person (a JW) that posted this:

..."trinitarians put allegiance to a non-biblical doctrine thought up by pagan influenced leaders among them and idolatry born of it than listen to the bible teachings."

JWs don't know who or what Jesus is, so they make strawman arguments about who and what He isn't. They claim to know what the "Trinity" is, but when asked to define it, they can't or refuse. This also has more to do with a denial of hell. That was Russels main reason for starting this cult.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Deputy Dog,

that was also a red herring by the one who posted that...a complete hijacking attempt of this thread and completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

But your comments are so true.

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Isaacaustin,

you are so right about them not seeing the significance, even if you can get them to examine the stuff, one guy said to me "I can't understand why you go on about all that old stuff "

Of course ,"Noo Lite" has replaced it.

What I explained was that if you look at it, there is NO WAY Jesus could have chosen the Bible Students in 1918/9, so the GB has NO MANDATE now.

No right to speak for God or Jesus, or demand loyalty or even respect, they are liars.

Simple enough to understand I would have thought,but even that plain statement did not cut through the cult-think.

Love

Wobble

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The challenge is "new light". It seems like an easy thing to overcome, but it isn't. A key question for all JW's is "What did Jehovah accomplish with the Bible Students by "allowing" them to have so many doctrines taught as truth, yet needed to be changed?"

It HAS to accomplish something. Otherwise, its false.

So I guess JW's are false.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Wobble, even then you deal with the "well, only we have basic truths...such as...(the laundry list of doctrines)...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit