Roll call - How many here fake being a "good Jehovah's Witness"....like me!

by Witness 007 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

I can understand this faking on one hand but not on another.Havnt we been told our whole lives(at least for us born ins) that if you know whats right and you do whats wrong anyway thats a sin? faking being a witness is a sin in my books and frankly im a little scared of all of you.Your like double agents

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Count me in. ATM I feel pretty comfortable with the way things are going. I have actually been able to relieve a lot of stress (as crazy as that sounds).

I think the reason why is because while I'm not at the meetings, I do whatever I want. If I want to waste hours on TV, videogames, movies, etc., I do it. I don't keep up with the magazines, the text, the Bible reading, or anything else anymore. So most of the 168 hours of the week are mine. And hopefully I will reach the point soon where more, if not all, will be mine.

I must say, it feels really good to do what I enjoy. The next goal is to sleep in on Saturday's. I already do it on Sunday. And I love it!!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I just go with the flow. My husband does not give me grief he is a good man and elder for years. He knows my doubts with the WTS. I do not have a problem with their teachings people will believe what they beleive but I have a problem when the cult like mentality creeps in. You cannot talk to this person, you cannot read "apostate" websites etc. The minute you start telling me what to do and there is NO biblical backing I ush back. Nice elder's wife? ;)

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Do not even get me going with the last SDA when blogs and social networking sites were discussed. They basically said what kind of example are you to your children or young ones in the KH if you have a blog or frequent a social networking site? I thought this is a bunch of BS. So I should not have a beer since this would deem not setting a good exampe? These COs need to get a life.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

I faked it for three years, then I got sick to my stomach, literally wanted to throw up in the KH.

No more BULL.

• inkling
    inkling
    Just wondering how many here fake it to please loved ones.

Oh wait, you mean... nevermind

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm still considered an active Witness. I go to some meetings, on a good month 5 hours of service. But, no, convention this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit