Roll call - How many here fake being a "good Jehovah's Witness"....like me!

by Witness 007 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

There is no truth...I know that. To please my mum while she's alive and wife I go to Meetings and the 3 day Convention coming up. I would rather go to the Dentist. Just wondering how many here fake it to please loved ones.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Couldn't do it. Ripped that bandaid off one day and the screaming didn't stop till two years later. But I gotz da free.

• Girlie
    Girlie

"Raises hand". However, I don't go to much meetings. I just tell people I go to so and so meeting, when in reality, I just stay at home or do other things. I can't stand being around such fake, self-centered people.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I tolerate my 20-year old daughter's involvement with clenched teeth.

Sylvia

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Faking it by sporadically going to different meetings at different congregations in my city. Making quick pop ins, partial showings, and early outs, to backup my general excuse of having odd hours at work.

But more often than not, faking at the same congregation attended by my family. People hate working at a call centre but this particular gig has been very beneficial to me in this respect despite the rotten hours and pay.

P.S. I handle inbound warranty and support issues so please please please don't have a hate on for me. I'm not the one trying to sell you stuff.

Hopefully, none of you are people who've I've ticked off by denying support.

• undercover
    undercover

I go to the Memorial. That's it. I only go to it because everyone asks me nicely. I don't know why they bother. They know I am dead set against anything WT related. But I figure going to one meeting a year isn't going to kill me, so I go.

Outside of that I am completey out. Not counting the Memorial and a couple of weddings and funerals I've been to, I haven't been in a KH in 5 years.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I can`t pretend to be something I`m not..

All you get at a JW Meeting is..

..........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Marlene
    Marlene

If I encounter a JW from the past, I fake a smile and pleasant conversation. That's as far as I'll go. (It's scary how the JW lingo comes back to mind so easily when confronted with a member)

• chickpea
    chickpea

they are not of my kind....

• crapola
    crapola

I used to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit