Does the WTS think they have immunity from Duet 18;20-22?

by jookbeard 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

bttt

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"You sound like an opposer JB.

"Tra La La, La Le"

You shouldn't be spending so much time on the interweb.

"Tra La La, La Le"

You should spend more time studying Daniel's prophesy in the .... book"

"Tra La La, La Le"

"My congregation is full of nice people!"

"Tra La La, La Le"

"See how happy we are!"

"Tra La La, La Le"

• dinah
    dinah

Ray Franz quoting that scripture in reference to the WT was an "ah ha" moment for me.

Tex nailed it. They just blamed the rank and file for running ahead of the organization.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

From: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/jehovahs-prophet.php

"Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah.'" Awake! 1993 Mar. 22 p.4

The article at jwfacts shows that they do claim to be Jehovah's prophet.
    This is so juvenile. "I had my fingers crossed, so it doesn't count."

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

As long as the people fear the org. more than God, the bible means nothing. They can think they have "immunity" from the entire bible.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

because they redefine their false prophecies as misplaced zeal/premature expectations/etc...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I had an elder tell me that they weren't really speaking for god when they made those predictions, therefore it doesn't really apply. I asked him what qualifies as 'speaking for god' and why other religions were guilty of this, but not JWs. He didn't really have an answer.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Good to see you Mary!

• designs
    designs

Its kind of the- olly olly oxen free sor t of thing.

But seriously about the Deut. thing, what do you expect boils and leprosy to appear, come on.

People get hip and move on, that's all.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

*** rs p. 136 - p. 137 False Prophets ***

Have not Jehovah's Witnesses made errors in their teachings?

Jehovah's Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets. They have made mistakes. Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations.-Luke 19:11; Acts 1:6.

The Scriptures provide time elements related to Christ's presence, and Jehovah's Witnesses have studied these with keen interest. (Luke 21:24; Dan. 4:10-17) Jesus also described a many-featured sign that would tie in with the fulfillment of time prophecies to identify the generation that would live to see the end of Satan's wicked system of things. (Luke 21:7-36) Jehovah's Witnesses have pointed to evidence in fulfillment of this sign. It is true that the Witnesses have made mistakes in their understanding of what would occur at the end of certain time periods, but they have not made the mistake of losing faith or ceasing to be watchful as to fulfillment of Jehovah's purposes. They have continued to keep to the fore in their thinking the counsel given by Jesus: "Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming."-Matt. 24:42.

Matters on which corrections of viewpoint have been needed have been relatively minor when compared with the vital Bible truths that they have discerned and publicized. Among these are the following: Jehovah is the only true God. Jesus Christ is not part of a Trinitarian godhead but is the only-begotten Son of God. Redemption from sin is possible only through faith in Christ's ransom sacrifice. The holy spirit is not a person but is Jehovah's active force, and its fruitage must be evident in the lives of true worshipers. The human soul is not immortal, as the ancient pagans claimed; it dies, and the hope for future life is in the resurrection. God's permission of wickedness has been because of the issue of universal sovereignty. God's Kingdom is the only hope for mankind. Since 1914 we have been living in the last days of the global wicked system of things. Only 144,000 faithful Christians will be kings and priests with Christ in heaven, whereas the rest of obedient mankind will receive eternal life on a paradise earth.

Another factor to consider regarding the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses is this: Have these truly uplifted people morally? Are those who adhere to these teachings outstanding in their communities because of their honesty? Is their family life beneficially influenced by applying these teachings? Jesus said that his disciples would be readily identified because of having love among themselves. (John 13:35) Is this quality outstanding among Jehovah's Witnesses? We let the facts speak for themselves.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit