Claws, venom, sharp teeth and other defensive things.....

by Vachi 8 He Is 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Another thing I don't get is how all these animals have these destructive body parts, yet I'm to believe they were going to all be herbivores had A&E not sinned? I pose this question to my dub aunt and she goes "Animals weren't eating each other before the flood but they the ones outside of the ark had to survive some kinda way so they took to eating each other."

Now, this begs a series of questions: If the animals could survive the flood, what was the point of Noah collecting all of them in the first place? If they lived on Earth for at least hundreds of years before the flood, what sense does it make to say that just because it rained for a month and a week that it somehow infused this "dog eat dog" trait within them when there was none before? I mean, it's freekin' water. Since Jerkovah can resurrect every damn thing why didn't he just let Noah and fam go into ark by themselves and take a few chickens, roosters (for eggs) and fruits to eat off of instead of having all these animals peeing and crapping all over the place making that water tight ark just unbearable, and just resurrect the animals after the flood? Also is it not arrogant to say that humans are the catalyst for the resurrection of other species? Meaning every animal that has become extinct has stayed extinct, they haven't been resurrected. Why not? They obviously served some purpose or they wouldn't have been created. So why would they only AFTER MAN cries "peace" and the end come? If were so special and made in his image, why did Jerkovah make the animals first? I mean it went like this: jesus > angels > animals > humans. And kinda off topic but what did he make angels for anyway? He doesn't need help from them.

And then Morpheus says "You've been living in a dream world Neo......."

• dudeson
    dudeson

Because there was no earth wide flood.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

I just wish I could get them to listen to what's being shoveled by NOT listening to what's being shoveled. If you went to a Microsoft convention they'll tell you they make the best products. You have to understand why they say this, how it would make you feel if it were true, and who it benefits if you go along with it. "Keep on the watch/loosing gods favor/don't be misled" sustains the ones who are in. The focus on children secures their future. Sarah would not have gone with Reese if she didn't see T-101 or someTHING try to kill her. So the whole "That Terminator is out there..." speech would've fallen on deaf ears. So what do dubs do? Hell, let's make the whole lot of them Terminators, everybody is out to getcha. It sucks to live like that.

• oompa
    oompa

lol vachi.........you now have a white teeth banner/ad above your subject line!!..............hahahaha...........oomp

• dudeson
    dudeson

It's alot like Santa Claus for kids. Eventually someone they trust tells them it's not true. It might hurt but in time they get over it. But these "kids" (dubs) were reassured throughout thier lifetime that "Santa" was real. The proof is in the WT mags, a source they put complete trust in. Unfortunately it takes something drastic in thier lives to cast doubt in their minds.

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

Has anyone ever heard or read of a Witness explanation for claws, venom, sharp teeth, etc.? I would really be interested in seeing if this has ever been discussed in a Watchtower magazine or one of the other publications.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Lions used their claws to peel Pineapples and coconuts, animal horns and claws are used to dig for Potatoes.

Jehover made Noah build an Ark and fill it with animals as a drunken bet with the Angels...he did it so Jehovah owes Jesus $50 bucks.

• TD
    TD
    Has anyone ever heard or read of a Witness explanation for claws, venom, sharp teeth, etc.? I would really be interested in seeing if this has ever been discussed in a Watchtower magazine or one of the other publications.

The most extensive discussion ever in JW literature appeared in the October 8, 1982 Awake! in a series of articles entitled, "The Design In Nature." They've avoided the subject ever since.

They basically adopted the explanation of Agustine of Hippo for creatures like the mosquito and mouse and applied it to all animals that don't fit the Edenic picture. --These animals have somehow deviated from their original purpose and existing features have been put to a different use than originally intended by God.

It's a hoot if you ever get a chance to read it.

I wrote about one of their explanations here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/141006/1/JW-Science-Quote-Of-The-Day-8-28

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Animals weren't eating each other before the flood but they the ones outside of the ark had to survive some kinda way so they took to eating each other.

That ranks up there among the dumbest old testament apologist statements I've ever heard. OK - so two of each animal get off the boat and find no vegetation to eat. Their only way to survive is to eat other animals. There are only two of those other animals. Eating one of them would make their species go extinct. This is retarded.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    --These animals have somehow deviated from their original purpose and existing features have been put to a different use than originally intended by God.

The problem with the above is of course that it is tantamount to admitting to Darwinian Evolution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit