What will I do with all my suits?

by JWinprotest 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

I just thought of something the other day as I was ironing some of my meeting shirts. It kinda of sucks, all the money I have invested in suits, shirts and ties, that I solely use for meetings, (not required for work). What the hell will I do with them when I leave the org once and for all?

I know....pretty useless post....just sitting here, bored.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Depending on the suits size and cut you might be able to offer these as a tax deductable donation to a Community Services Consortium partnered with the unemployment department. (Helping those who don't have formal attire when they need to go to a job interview where it would be needed)

Just an Idea.

• megs
    megs

Donate them to a charity that provides office clothes for people looking for work!

• mrsjones5
  • blondie
    blondie

I would keep 2 that look good on you and are in good shape along with shirts, shoes and socks for job interviews.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Keep a few just in case you need them for weddings, funerals, job interviews, etc. If you need the money, you could sell the rest on consignment. There are tns of those shops springing up.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Any you plan not to use in the future, you can place in a garage sale or a friends garage sale.

• ninja
    ninja

buy a mannequin....some red paint and dress mannequin in suit with red paint splashed liberally over it.....and leave it in the middle of a road,in a lake....etc etc....loads of fun for all the family

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

I'm just being smug. We always donate clothing we have no use for. I was just a little upset at the amount of money I've spent on suits that carry one function for me. I always avoided the cheaper route of blazers because the unwritten rule for those going on the platform was to wear a full suit. I'll get over it!! Thanks for listening.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Salvation Army is a good place to donate.

I know here the Canadian Diabetes Organzation collects old/not used anymore clothes.

Of curse you can just start going to work in a suit all the time, even if you don't need to, get a fake rolex too while you're at it and when people ask what's up, just look down at them with a smug look of importance and wave them away saying, "Begone Peon, the sight of thee offends me".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit