How am I like an atheist?

by patio34 11 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

The joke about an atheist's gravestone reminds me of my Xmas day.

On an atheist's gravestone was written:
    "All dressed up and no place to go!"

Since my family is still in the JWs, i'm ready to celebrate Xmas, but no one else in family is! So, here i sit: all dressed up and no place to go!

But i'm not whining. Really!! I celebrated at work, sent Xmas gifts to distant family and am going to enjoy my holiday on art projects, reading, taking a long-ish walk, and seeing "Kate and Leopold."

Maybe by next year, some more family will be "out." For those, we're having a family day Jan. 5 and gift giving. Here in California, it can be a picnic in the park!

BTW, i am an atheist, so my title was misleading.

Have a great day to all my friends here at Simon's coffee house!

Love to all!
    Pat

• COMF
    COMF

What about waiting & hubby?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Patio,

At least your fam still has a "family day" (christmas a week later). I hope you have a great day today, and all religous ferver aside, merry christmas.

ashi

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Comf,

Waiting and hubby are on a lovely vacation (well-deserved) to Florida. So we may not be hearing from her too much--or maybe more!

Cheers!
    Pat

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Well Pat, have a good day, and I hope you and your family have a great "Family Day" on January 5.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• patio34
    patio34

Ash, This is sooo true. How many have family that won't even do that? It'll be grand and the kids will enjoy it. There will be in-laws there too.

The son that's doing is hasn't hardly been to a meeting in months, so i really see him leaving the JWs soon :-)
    He's inquired several times about using my net access to research JWs and is curious about this board. I've been prosyletizing too! This son is very negative about JWs, the elders, the coldness of the congregation; but just hasn't hit the breaking point.

So, next Xmas we may be more on track date-wise. Probably he's going up to the mountains today to dirt-bike ride--he's such an enthusiast.

Love to all,
    Pat

• patio34
    patio34

Hey ya Jayhawk,
    Thanks for the well-wishing. It will be a very nice day. I DO have a bottle of champagne a friend gave me, maybe I'll open it this afternoon :-)

Ho-ho-ho!
    Pat

• Perry
    Perry

God Luck Patio.....and Merry Christmas. That family day sounds cool. That is something to be thankful for. :)

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Perry,
    Thanks so much for your posts. Now that I think of it, i'll have TWO Christmases! It's like the old song says:
    Some are lucky
    Some are not
    Some are thankful
    For what they've got.

Have a merry Xmas!
    Pat

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

MerChrims Patioioio!

Two words: waffle house.

It has become my christmas morning tradition, lol. The food is good in a peculiar sort of way, and the association is out of this world. Literally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit