witness "poem" with scriptures sited... what would you say?

by New light for you 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• New light for you
    New light for you

A Dear friend, who found out i left 'the truth' sent me this poem, and was actually sweet about it and said that if i ever wanted to come back jehovah and the brothers and sisters would lovingly take me back and the angels would rejoice (after they put me thru hours of committee meetings for celebrating holidays and birthdays and then DFed me, but after that they'd rejoice).

Anyway, reading the poem... made me remember (only left a year and a half ago) how great of an idea it all was. wouldn't it have been great to be true instead of a whole elaberate freakin lie? Anyway.. whith all these "scriptures sited" how could you dispute it??? give it a try!

Paradise Poem....A World Without TearsThink of a world, a world without tears ... Rev. 7:14
    Where a man can live for a thousand years .... Isa. 33:34
    With never a grief, an ache or a pain ..Rev. 24:3-5
    And never a thought of dying again ... Isa. 25:8

Think of a world where a man plants a vine ... Ps. 107:37
    He can sit in it's shade and say 'This is mine'.... Isa. 22:25
    He will dwell in the house his own hands have made ... Isa. 65:21
    And none shall molest him, or make him afraid .. Mic. 4:4

Think of world without bloodshed and strife ... Ps. 46:9
    Where no man can take another man's wife ... Prov. 12:28
    Where man everywhere will unite in peace ... Ps. 37:11
    And malice and hatred forever will cease ... John 13:35

Think of a world as a green paradise ... Isa. 36:12
    Where mountains and deserts dazzle your eyes ....Isa. 53:12
    With bountiful flowers, trees and skies ... Isa. 3: 1, 2
    With animals, birds and butterflies ... Ps. 10: 24

Think, just as sure, as God's word is truth .... John 17:17
    A man will go back to the days of his youth ... Job 33:25
    His flesh will become as the flesh of a child...
    And the words that he speaks will be gentle and mild . Matt. 5:5

Think of a world where a lame man will leap ... Isa. 35:6
    Bounding for joy, like a deer or a sheep ......
    Where none will be deaf and the blind ones will see ..
    And mute ones will speak and sing joyfully ... Isa. 35:6

Think of a world where men are all Brothers ... Matt. 23:8
    Esteeming themselves not above any others ... Phil. 2:3
    Where a man greets a man as a friend to a friend ... John 15:13-19
    In a world without tears that will never end .... John 10:28

Think of a world where the dead will arise ... Jer. 31:17
    From their silent tombs to a dream paradise ... John 11:23-26
    To live forever in true peace and Love ... 1Cor. 16:14
    And all will be cared for by the Great One above ... 1Pet. 5:6,7

Now a world without tears is not just a dream .... Heb. 6:10
    To some, too good to be true it may seem ... Tit. 1:2
    But just as sure, as God's word is true ... John 17:17
    A world without tears now lies before you ... 2Pet.. 3:13

So if these words have opened your eyes ... Luke 21:28
    Would you like to live in Earth's Paradise ..... Luke 23:43
    To share all the blessings that God has in store ... 1Cor. 2:9
    For all who would do His Will evermore ... Ps. 37:4

'Good News' of this Kingdom is still being sung .... Rev.. 14:6
    Through out every nation and people and tongue ... Matt. 24:14
    And all who are thirsting for Truth are invited .... Rev. 7:16,17
    To accept this Good news, be warmly united ... Rev.7:9

In Praising our God, our Savior and King ... Jer. 10:10
    Who gives to us all, our life, everything ... Ps. 36:9
    So that we might live through endless years .... John 6:51
    In a world without sorrow.. A world without tears ... Rev. 21:3, 4

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Reminds me of this:

Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Anyway.. whith all these "scriptures sited" how could you dispute it??? give it a try!

Why do you feel the need to dispute it? It's a positive poem that doesn't harm you or anyone else.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I would dispute it by asking the sender to discuss each cited scripture in the context of its original setting - to confirm that they all are really talking about a future paradise Earth.

Soundbite theology has been the J W way for years

• OnToYou
    OnToYou

So now I'm confused. You said it's all a big elaborate lie. Why would you need to dispute it if it's all a lie? You obviously don't believe the bible if you celebrate holidays, unless there is a new version with santa claus and the big pumpkin. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not attacking you, but I would like to understand the question. Here is the problem. I can take any book in the world and write a poem based on the passages in this particular book. But unless you yourself believe that my book is absolutely true, then anything based on it has no meaning to you. Now if you celebrate holidays that are not in the bible as you said, then you cannot possibly believe in this book or anything based on it. Therefore there is nothing to dispute, right? None of this matters in the grand scheme of things anyway, but since there is no scheme......Well, I'm just confused. Imagine there is nothing, and we are all dreaming in Matrixxxxxxxxxxxx.........

• megs
    megs

"You obviously don't believe the bible if you celebrate holidays"

OTY... By basis of your reasoning if you do something not in the Bible you don't believe in the bible... So I assume driving a car, using the internet, working in an office, eating take-out food... okay, let's just bring it down to doing just about anything in modern society means you don't believe in the bible? The Watchtower is a lie, and that is what NLFO is talking about...

• OnToYou
    OnToYou

MEGS Please don't be petty. I think it was clear what i was getting at. For instance if you break a bible command, you've gone against what it says, which meant you've made a choice not to believe the book. I'm not familiar with the bible enough to pick particulars but I know it says something about not killing, not worshipping Jesus, and not sleeping around. I'm sure there is some limits set on holidays for the dead too. Discuss, not argue.

• megs
    megs

I would hardly say it's petty to point out your flawed reasoning! LOL Apologies if it came across as petty, but if you believe verbatim everything the Bible says than you believe this as well:

Killing homosexuals... "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Killing women who aren't virgins on their wedding night... But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Killing people of other religions... 1)If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Marrying the man who raped you: If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Klling a woman who didn't cry out when raped: If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife. (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

I could go on but you should get my point... Religions cherry-pick their beliefs, following that which suits them while remaining in the confines of societal norms. It is hardly fair of you to judge someone as not believing in the bible because they celebrate holidays.

Welcome to the forum... Uh, sorry for the trial by fire, but if you make an assertion, be prepared to back it up!

• megs
    megs

to respond to your assertion about holidays, I would refer you to this verse:

Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. (Colossians 2:15)

• megs
    megs

JW's not celebrating is based on the loose interpretation of scripture, along with the fear of celebrating pagan holidays (although pagan wedding rings are okay). There are three birthdays celebrated in the Bible, the JW's refer to the two that support their assertion that birthdays are baaaaad: Gen 40:20, where a criminal was beheaded, Matt 14:6, where John the Baptist was beheaded.

Luke 2:10-14 isn't really mentioned as this marks the birth of Jesus, which was celebrated by angels over the fields of Bethlehem, and which the majority of Christians celebrate every year on Dec. 25.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit