JW's view of suidice

by highdose 19 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have posted this before, the use of the Kingdom Hall was offered to the family for my brothers service.

It was not convenient in proximity to where he was buried and since my Mother and I were the only witnesses in the family, (I was already faded)

I thought it would be better for friends and family to have it at the funeral home.

The witnesses were very accomadating and many came to the funeral to support my active JW mother.

The witnesses sent food to my mothers house daily a week before the service and for quite some time afterwards.

I found no one judgemental with the way my brother died. Maybe they felt distanced from it as he was not baptised.

I can only relay what we have experianced personally.

It was three years ago, and I would like to add the support shown from this board was awesome, I am still thankful.

purps

• John Doe
    John Doe

Suidice?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Its one of thoose not talked about things at least with the witnesses i know i overdosed on anti anxiety pills on the plane ride here and no-1 in my jw family that im staying with has said a word about it.Its been 3 days i guess were over it. lol

freedomisntfree, do you mean you attempted suicide just three days ago? Are you seeing a therapist? Did you go to a hospital?

• highdose
    highdose

john doe... yes i know i spelt that wrong, sorry;) i've never been able to spell :p

but everyone seems to have figured out what i meant...

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

jaimie you have a pm!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They cannot make up their mind on this issue--especially since a fair number of "suicides" among the witlesses were committed in the act of obeying the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Those who died because of volitionally refusing blood (or organ transplants between 1967 and 1980), because of persecution that they could have easily avoided by not being witlesses, or by being foolhardy and reckless while out in field circus in an attempt to get that person into the cancer, make it difficult for them to give a clear-cut answer.

And this does a lot of damage, when they declare with authority something that, a few years later, they are likely to declare with as much authority the opposite viewpoint. The likes of voting, whether Sodomites will have resurrection hopes, and the very issue of organ transplants are examples of issues that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger could not make up their minds about, yet expected everyone to be 100% certain of their current viewpoint. That damages families, causes people to put their lives in needless danger, creates poverty and stagnation because of a crap education, and creates needless worry about their specific situation. How much better to just declare that the Bible lies, and to encourage people to find their own truth instead of tampering with the Bible, ardently claiming that it is the truth, and then interpreting it so they get all the benefits.

• Farkel
    Farkel

The whole irony of the matter is when a dub commits suicide because asshole elders ruined their lives, they then get resurrected and have to live under the fist of those same asshole elders who ruined their lives before.

In is a fact in dubland that once you join them, there is NO escape from Watchtower Hell(tm).

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

I still remember the guy that killed himself and how the elders (some) wanted to disfellowship him for this terrible sin.

• Farkel
    Farkel

min,

:I still remember the guy that killed himself and how the elders (some) wanted to disfellowship him for this terrible sin.

The Bible says the wages of sin is death. You die, you've paid the price. In WatchtowerLand(tm), things are different: you die and they still want to punish you when you are dead.

It's bad enough that the JWs hunts down and shoots that one lost sheep out of a flock of 100 sheep (in flagrant opposition to Jesus' admonition) , but some of them want to shoot the sheep after they are dead!

Only in WatchtowerLand, folks. Only in WatchtowerLand.

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed plus what if the deceased would've wanted an appeal??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit