A Question for any Ex Elders

by cantleave 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• cantleave
    cantleave

Have you apologised to those who you DF / DA for apostacy or other rule breaking? If so how?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

No, I haven't.

I don't blame anyone who did things to me LUI. (Living Under the Influence) That is the reason why I simply left. Rather then try to go on a campaign and delay my life, I simply decided the best way to give an example was to move on.

For my part, I definitely wanted to be "da man" as an elder. After I achieved that goal, I found out that you are dealing with real people. I was never one to browbeat the friends. I did dispense the kool aid of course, in the form of meeting parts, visiting inactive and the like. But rarely was I a rabid company guy elder.

Amazingly, there are people who I would love to apologize to, but they wouldn't take my phone call.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe the ones with the most to be sorry for are the ones that are upward bound--those are the ones that become hounder-hounders and beyond. They are the ones that are in it for the power, and will stay in even if it's exposed as a lie. And, generally the ones that end up on these boards were the ones that were more lenient while still witlesses.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I had an elder apologize to me for the part he played in one debacle at the kingdom hall.

I appreciated it greatly and I am happy he is free from it all now. Me too.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I had an elder apologize to me for the part he played in one debacle at the kingdom hall.

I appreciated it greatly and I am happy he is free from it all now. Me too.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I never DF'd anyone for apostacy. Those I was in on DF'ing were usually a danger to themselves or others and I made sure they were directed to help if they needed it. I was not well liked in the BOE. That led to my exit. W.Once

• cantleave
    cantleave

AllTimeJeff / WTwizard - You are both so right. Anything we have done a loyal members of the borg, was a decision made under the influence. I was never particularly ambitious and my appointment as an Elder was a bit of surprise. I always out it down to the fact I was quite good on the platform and could think on my feet if reqired.

In the few JC I sat on I tried to be as fair as possible but that never seemed to be the case with the other two committee members, they really did want to weald some kind of power. In retrospect it was probably because I had my own business and was successful so I didn't need to prove anything by being an Elder / Hounder (WTWixard I am beging to fully grasp where you are coming from - I love your posts!)

Wasanlder Once, I wish I never got involved in apostacy case, but I did and that is why I asked the question. I was part of a committee where we said a guy had DA'd himself, by his actions, for attending other churches. His siblings haven't spoken to him since and his parents have next to no contact. During the JC he mentioned Russells grave and pyrimidology, I dismissed it with the usual "light gets brighter" BS. I wish I had taken notice then it would have got me thinking earlier. One day I think I will make an apology to him, hopefully he will appreciate it as much as choosing life did.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I was never on a JC apostasy case. But all the JC cases I did not enjoy. I hated having to judge another because they "got caught". In the back of my mind I thought I would have done the same thing if I was younger and in the same situtation.

I have not apologized to any of them, nor have I ever see or heard from them since.

• wobble
    wobble

I was never an Elder,but I would like to apologise to those I studied with ,and helped suck in to the cult,shame is they are all still in.

Love

Wobble

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'm waiting for apologies still from the liars Morely and Sallows, if you apologise nicely I might forgive you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit